PDA

View Full Version : Steve Cooper let go from Curious Labs

wgreenlee1
01-14-2003, 03:09 AM
I know not many here get into Poser and such but this is news.
Steve helped create Poser and define it.
Just heard over at Renderosity.
I really dont know what links to put here.
You sign in at Rnderosity and I dont know if many would want to go through the trouble.

Kinda sucks actually.

CIM
01-14-2003, 03:37 AM
We should care because?

wgreenlee1
01-14-2003, 03:52 AM
Well ..............I dont know.....but its CG news and this is the news forum right...........?

:rolleyes: :beer:

ndog
01-14-2003, 04:26 PM
It's good to be aware of industry news like this. Some of these changes can mean the start of new companies with new or competing products. And although I have have no place in my toolset for poser, there are plenty of people who do use it.

jadedchron
01-14-2003, 04:30 PM
like moi.

halo
01-14-2003, 10:05 PM
wonder if its anything to do with Daz's slated effort....

Voxel57
01-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Wow I havent read anything about it.
Ive known Steve for more than 20 years and He always ends up on his feet. Who knows he may have found a better gig. I havent talked to him for about a year so I dont know. He is a very talented guy and was very involved with Strata at one time.
His work was killer as thier evangilist. (back when Strata had something goin) I wouldnt be surprised if he ended up at Alias or some new 3D joint. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.
Whatever it is Im sure it will be something good.

markdc
02-02-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by CIM
We should care because?

I hope when you lose your job someone says the same thing to you.

The Magic Pen
02-02-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by brian_dlm
I hope when you lose your job someone says the same thing to you.

:applause:

CIM
02-02-2003, 11:03 PM
I was talking about Poser news--why should we care about that? I guess when Joe Smoe loses his job at the local fast food place, we all should post that here too. :-)

markdc
02-02-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by CIM
I was talking about Poser news--why should we care about that? I guess when Joe Smoe loses his job at the local fast food place, we all should post that here too. :-)

You're right cim. How dare I question you? Forgive me o great one.

BishopLynx
02-03-2003, 10:20 PM
I agree with the posting regardless of the fact that I have no desire for poser at all. I do not have the need for it but there are people who do care about it and to them this news may have some worth. If you do not care about the news then press back on your keyboard and go post somewhere that means something to you. This is not an attack on anyone just an observation because it kills me when people do not care about a certain topic yet they feel the need to waste thread space explaining that. :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.