PDA

View Full Version : Help! Fur contains gaps!

tomereshed
06-20-2006, 12:39 PM
hallo,i am working currently on a mouse charakter,and i ran into problems with the fur application.i manged to reach a fur sturcture i like after playing around with the different parameters,but i cant avoid ending up with thick seperation lines where the different body parts are seperated in the uv map.i assume that this is a problem that a lot of people come across,and i was wandering if there are any strategies that can be used to solve it.(even if it means that the whole uv mapping should be done again,what should be taken under consideration while doing so?)
my second question reguards the color of the fur.my charachter has fur that has 2 colors.on the border lines the two colors should merge in a natural way.dose any one know what is the best way to reach this effect?,is there a way to manually paint the fur or effect its color after it hase been applied on the charachter?
i would appriciate it enormeously if someone could help me out,i am currently stuck and running out of time...
thanks a lot in advance
tomer

CGTalk Moderation
06-20-2006, 12:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.