PDA

View Full Version : new computer wont start :(

MankTank
01-14-2003, 02:33 AM
got all my parts for my new computer today, built it and it wont power up.

I've tried reversing the power sw lead from the case on the mobo, I've checked and rechecked every connection from the psu. I've verified i have enough power etc.

Case: Antec server Tower: SLK3700AMB
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-8PE667 ultra
cpu: p4 2.53 ghz

When i hit the power button on the case, it turns on the ram LED on the mobo but thats it. Nothing else happens, no fans spin up...nada.

I called antech today because the case didnt have a speaker wire and the guy said that there was a batch of cases that went out without the front panel speaker wire, and that she would send me a new one in the mail, and everything is fine otherwise.

Anyway, if you have ANY ideas please let me know.

gmask
01-14-2003, 02:52 AM
>>When i hit the power button on the case, it turns on the ram LED on the mobo but thats it. Nothing else happens, no fans spin up...nada.

Were you wearing am anti-static band?

Are you sure you have the correct ram installed?

I think most motherboards will not power on unless you have the cpu, ram and video card installed but I'm not certain. Loose connections or improper parts might prevent it from even powering on?

Psyhke
01-14-2003, 08:17 AM
Did you double-check to see if the little on/off swith on the back of the power supply is on? Power supply set to the right voltage setting? Does the power supply fan at least turn on?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.