PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Vertices

Matatron
06-20-2006, 04:10 AM
Hi,

I'm new to XSI and am trying to get up to speed. One thing that I can't seem to easily find is how selecting vertices is done efficently. Right now all I have is left clicking to select and right click to deselect. I'm assuming there is a way to drag select, could someone please tell me what it is?

Thx,
m

diginime
06-20-2006, 04:45 AM
Hmm...I always deselect the selection by simply dragging a square out of the object. Then everything will be deselect. Does it make sense? Maybe i misunderstood ur question. Or hold CTRL and then drag the verticles that you want to deselect.

sciics
06-20-2006, 04:58 AM
Turn off extended component selection from the "Select" menu in the MCP and in the transforms menu in transform preferences in the box that says "Click outside Manuplator" switch it to select only...

should work

Matatron
06-20-2006, 05:00 AM
hmmm, i swear it wasn't doing that last night when i was working with it.

anyway, easy enough...

one more thing: is there a way to add select without removing verts, like the shift+ctrl select in maya and max?

bryann
06-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Shift adds, control toggles, ctrl+shift deselects.

CGTalk Moderation
06-20-2006, 09:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.