PDA

View Full Version : Paralumino Announces Trestle and Scrim!

Vizfizz
06-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Paralumino Announces Trestle and Scrim
19 June 2006

Los Angeles, California

Paralumino Creative Studios is proud to announce the release of Trestle and Scrim; two new geometry generation plug-ins for the Electric Image Animation System.

For years, EIAS users have been reliant on external modeling programs to provide working geometry with Animator. With the development of Trestle and Scrim, users will now have the opportunity to begin modeling within Animator itself.

Though not intended as a complete replacement to a dedicated external modeler, the developers of Trestle and Scrim realized an internal modeling solution would help improve efficiency and speed for those tired of bouncing back and forth between programs. By using Trestle and Scrim, users now have access to the following benefits:

1. Rapid surface construction for both hard surface and organic forms.
2. Guaranteed compatibility. No more import hassles.
3. Control point animation capabilities. A first for Electric Image.
4. Improved workflow and speed.
5. Automatic UV generation.
6. Compatibility with a number of existing and future planned EIAS plug-ins.
7. Master and slave capabilities for Trestle wire instances.

Trestle will begin by providing the user with a method to construct 2D drawing entities with EIAS. The best way to think of Trestle is to consider it as a 2D drawing hub. The product it produces, wire entities, can be fed into Scrim, Paralumino’s lofting and skinning engine or any other number of 3D plug-ins for EIAS. The resulting geometry can be manipulated just as if it was created in an outside modeling package but with the added benefit of control point level modification and animation. Trestle is also designed to be compatible with Konkeptoine’s Mr. Revolver, which can produce symmetrically lathed surfaces.

Scrim is an adaptive geometry generation plug-in. It is designed to scan its child entities (provided by Trestle, Path2line, Revolver, or Wiremaker) and loft a surface between its children. Each independent child can be scaled, rotated, or translated and the Scrim surface will be updated immediately. Scrim’s children can also possess their own deformation structure for further animation capabilities.

For more information please visit the Paralumino website at:

http://www.paralumino.com

richardjoly
06-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Right! This is exactly what I thought it would be!
Well almost...
OK, I was dead off...
Congratulations to Brian, Ian and the Igors for that one. Best of luck to you all and hurray for us. I see a brillant future and I can't wait to see these plugins and training lessons!

(Edit) Of course, I had to answer this post at the wrong place...
This is my answer to the launch of Paralumino Creative Studios...

Vizfizz
06-19-2006, 10:37 PM
No problem Richard. I have a lot of things planned for Paralumino. Stay tuned for more fun ahead! Please checkout the website and store and let me know your experiences. I want to make sure everything is easy to find and operating correctly.

richardjoly
06-20-2006, 03:32 AM
Everything operating correctly. Smooth transaction. Clear and easy navigation. I would prefer to keep the header when entering the gallery and not having to fish the little back to main at the bottom. When you are in the store there should be a way back to Palumino homepage. There is a homepage tab but it's the store homepage.

Again, best of luck with PCS.

Vizfizz
06-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Thanks Richard. You're our first customer. Your order has been processed and I've alerted the Igors to prepare your plugins. I did have one little glitch that I came across. I changed the status of your order to complete and cubecart was supposed to send you an email with a copy of your invoice and a little note about receiving your order in the next 24 to 48 hours. Did that come through for you?

bronco
06-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Brian, Ian and Igors!

Congratulations!
so, this was the big secret? :)

two little things:
PLEASE, use zip compression (Trestle support material), Stuffit is a pain for most PC people.
The Interface screenshot in the Scrim manual shows reference to b8, not final. (yes, i am a nitpicker) :)

now, as soon as my current job is finshed and paid, this is a sure purchase for me.

edit: it's time to add Paralumino to the EIAS vendors thread list ;)

halfworld
06-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Hey Uwe,

I have swapped the file, it's now a .zip

Sorry about that!
Ian

bronco
06-20-2006, 08:43 AM
don't be sorry, Ian.
9 minutes. this is a great respond time for a request.
world record! ;)

richardjoly
06-20-2006, 02:26 PM
...I changed the status of your order to complete and cubecart was supposed to send you an email with a copy of your invoice and a little note about receiving your order in the next 24 to 48 hours. Did that come through for you?

Kind of... I'm not at my place and I'm getting my Emails through a strange interface...Windoo or something...
I don't believe there is a copy of my invoice attached. I'll have to check tonight.
http://www.rdn.qc.ca/EIAS/Email-Sales-PCS.jpg

yhloon
06-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Congratulations:bounce:
to Brian, Igors, Ian and all EI users...

another place for EI user to jump in...
$150.00 for T&S is not bad after all, but the timing is no good for me at the moment (busy with daily work, seldom do 3D recently=no side income) will consider to get myself a copy of T&S if possible...

good to see EI community is growing.

Vizfizz
06-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Kind of... I'm not at my place and I'm getting my Emails through a strange interface...Windoo or something...
I don't believe there is a copy of my invoice attached. I'll have to check tonight.
http://www.rdn.qc.ca/EIAS/Email-Sales-PCS.jpg

Richard...

That should be correct. Looks like its working properly.

Vizfizz
06-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Brian, Ian and Igors!

Congratulations!
so, this was the big secret? :)

two little things:
PLEASE, use zip compression (Trestle support material), Stuffit is a pain for most PC people.
The Interface screenshot in the Scrim manual shows reference to b8, not final. (yes, i am a nitpicker) :)

now, as soon as my current job is finshed and paid, this is a sure purchase for me.

edit: it's time to add Paralumino to the EIAS vendors thread list ;)

Heh heh.. yah its the big secret. But you know its all about the drama isn't it? lol. Don't worry though, there are more little secrets to be told...but in due time.

Igors
06-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Hi, UwePLEASE, use zip compression (Trestle support material), Stuffit is a pain for most PC people.True, stuffit is not a PC's "favorite baby". But the situation is: if we move a prj from Mac to PC, all works OK, however, not vice versa: PC files can raise problems on Mac. We don't know how to prepare zip that saves files' types, creators, resources. Thus we archived sample projects in sit. Please advice if there is a better solution(s)

FelixCat
06-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Brian, Ian, Igors
Congrats and best of luck to you all. I hope this will open new life to the EiAS community (and plug ins and shaders and... i need my medication)

FelixCat

CGTalk Moderation
06-20-2006, 05:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.