PDA

View Full Version : Lowman 1.2 installation

guitarplayer6516
06-19-2006, 07:20 PM
hey guys, theres a step on the lowman installation that tells you to edit the maya .env file, but i dont know how. could anyone tell me?

tarun jain
06-20-2006, 02:18 PM
u'll find the env. file in C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\maya\7.0 (if u use windows); open it with either notepad od wordpad and just copy paste the lines

MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH = C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\maya\7.0\scripts\LowMan\scripts

XBMLANGPATH = C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\maya\7.0\scripts\LowMan\icons

change the username here
if u dont have the file there just create a new notepad file and save it as maya .env file, u'll just have to copy paste the above lines there offcourse.hope this helps.guys please correct me if i'm wrong.

guitarplayer6516
06-20-2006, 02:21 PM
alright thanks that worked

chickensandbeandip
07-13-2006, 09:55 PM
so how do you use the rig after you have done this?

everytime I load the lowman it doesn't have a rig. just geometry,

late.
:cool:

tarun jain
07-25-2006, 07:08 AM
When u get the geometry ,u will also get the make set up UI which allows u to change the character to ur prefrences (basically the sizes),just hit the make setup button when u r done with the resizing of the character.
Or if u have loaded the pre made lowman like the lowskate of the lowfat , u just have to click the button on the extreme left of the lowman shelf, which will again pop up a UI that allows u to resize ur character and just hit the make setup button and viola! u have a ready to animate character. i hope this is clear enough.

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2006, 07:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.