PDA

View Full Version : A piece of Networking beauty

Peace455
01-13-2003, 11:58 PM
Hello All

I was in class today and I saw the most beautiful thing ever. It was sound design and, a student next to me found a web page pertaining to the discussion we were having. Rather than yell out a URL, the teacher on his computer poped open a program, which allowed him to switch and view the students desktop, I think he could also scroll on his computer, I'm not sure he let to student browse the page. My eyes watered, I though this would be perfect to add to my home setup. I have my main Alrighty Desktop, and 2 latptops netoworked on a switch, having such a program that would allow me to see the desktop and control the 2 other computers would make things easier for me, rather than fuble over 3 mice on my deks. Does anyone know of a program that can do this? or do I need to buy a special program to do it? the program that was used (it was on a mac) seemed to be a freeware type program but I could be wrong.

my dekstop is on XP, and Laptops Windows 2000 Professional.

thanks in advance.

Peace

elvis
01-14-2003, 12:10 AM
Google for "VNC".

Nick2970
01-14-2003, 03:32 AM
XP has the function built in "Remote Desktop", works for me!!

Cheers, Nick

Peace455
01-14-2003, 02:23 PM
thanks for the responces, I'm going to try the VNC and see how that works, hopefully it will work well.

XP has remote desktop, but my 2 laptops are on 2000 and I'm not sure if Microsoft has made a remote desktop for windows 2000.

thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.