PDA

View Full Version : dancing Robot

doc_thelegend
06-19-2006, 05:38 AM
Hi people, it's been a long time i didn't post! Now i'm working for Electronic Arts Montreal like character animator, thank you people who gave me lot of feedback on my past fighting animation! :thumbsup:

Now, in my break times, i'm working on this little robot (the model is a free stuff by Jason Wade on 3dtotal). It a WIP(work in progress), i need your critics!!

Castro the Robot Dancing (http://www.cdomoraud.com/extra/castroDance.avi)

thanks!
Doc_ :bounce:

OneSharpMarble
06-19-2006, 05:55 AM
Suprise suprise, once again great work. Maybe on the tip toe hold he is off balance (a bit too far back?) but that is it. Mine goes dark after 17 seconds so I don't know if there is more after that.
Once you add the facial expressions this will be really good.

doc_thelegend
06-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Suprise suprise, once again great work. Maybe on the tip toe hold he is off balance (a bit too far back?) but that is it. Mine goes dark after 17 seconds so I don't know if there is more after that.
Once you add the facial expressions this will be really good.

Thank you man :thumbsup: , indeed, after 17 seconds there is nothing cause i'm thinking about the end lol! and of course i'll try to add facial expression(my first time) to add more quality to this.

doc_thelegend
06-22-2006, 02:31 PM
:sad: No more critics?!

lutonomy
06-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Looking excellent man! It might be easier to give more detailed crits if I could frame through, but the only things that stand out to me are:

Like marble said, on the toe stand his weight isn't over him, he would fall backwards.

At the same spot, I think the overlap on the fingers is too much.

I know he's a robot, but it seems like when he repeats/mirrors actions, they're exactly the same. Like the steps in the beginning for instance could use some subtle differences, maybe not moving the exact same amount or the hands don't close on one of the steps or whatever. It's being nitpicky, but it might add that extra little somethin' somethin'.

Everything else looks great - fun, appealing animation! Hope that helps. Looking forward to the facial stuff.

CGTalk Moderation
06-22-2006, 08:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.