PDA

View Full Version : perspective problem in shake

danne_n
01-13-2003, 09:16 PM
I've tracked the corners of a rectangular shape. Now I want to add a larger rectangular shape in its place.
If I use a cornerpin with the coordinates from the trackers, the cornerpin always applies to the corners of the new shape, and the perspective gets all ****ed up!
How do I get the cornerpin to apply on a specific area on the larger shape to get the scaling right?
(cornerpin might not be the right tool...)
Is this possible in shake? I hope so!!

Splice
01-13-2003, 09:40 PM
Hi,

There is nothing wrong with combustion. I managed to do what you are asking for......

I had a rectangular shape with 4 tracking points. I had a second small layer and a third larger one. I corner pinned the small shape to fit the tracking region. I selected all 4 trackers and tracked . The four corners moved accordingly with the 4 points being tracked. I saved this information as a discreet tracker setup.

I selected the larger layer and positioned it using the transformation controls. I just turned the big layer into a four corner object but I did not reposition the corners. I selected all the points and retuned to the tracker. I ensured that relative mode was active and with all 4 tracker boxes selected I imported the tracker set up.

The tracking data was applied to the larger shape without any distortion to the shape and it kept its relative position to the tracked object....

hope that helps...

Splice...

danne_n
01-13-2003, 10:07 PM
I see what you mean, but I'm using Nothing Real's software, "Shake" not combustion...
I haven't found any relative mode setting there or similar, that seems to be the thing...

Thanks anyway!

danne_n
01-13-2003, 10:53 PM
Sorry to bother you all, I found the answer!!

cornerpin is NOT the node to use!
The Matchmove node is...doh...
Toggle the viewer to FG(foreground) mode, then you can move the points that corresponds to the trackingpoints!

I'm too tired to think tonight...

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.