PDA

View Full Version : Generic walk cycle in Blender

tron_thomas
06-18-2006, 11:12 PM
I am working on trying to create a generic walk cycle using Blender. I am relatively new to character animation, and this is only the second major 3D animation I have tried to do. Here is a link to my latest attempt:
http://home1.gte.net/res0hi6f/Walk.zip

This is the first version of this particular animation, so I would expect there will be things that need improvement. I would appreciate any constructive feedback people care to offer.

tron_thomas
06-21-2006, 01:46 AM
I am puzzled. I made my initial post over two days ago, and no one has responded. It is impossible that there is nothing to criticize about the animation. What is the reason no one has provided any feedback?

Surrealix
06-21-2006, 06:54 AM
It may be because you've included the files in a zip file, which you have to download, unzip, and then open. If you can just upload the movie files, so we can play them in a browser, it makes them a lot more accesable.

Anyway, I'm not an animator (or remotely knowledgeable about it), but looking at the videos my first impression was that the charcter was stalking someone. It seems to be becuase the leg comes fowards too fast, and the feet stay on the ground too long (or are placed too early).

Hope that helps.

CGTalk Moderation
06-21-2006, 06:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.