PDA

View Full Version : RIG POSE : save and re-use

marciani
06-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Hi all this is a very noob question i know.......:shrug:

My target is: Store a neutral pose and test my model in other position saving all position and reapply again

This is my workflow

Build a mesh
Create a rig and apply
save neutral position
test the mesh and fix the weight map
Save some different position for my final work( not an animation, still image)
Come to the neutral position
Add to the mesh ( in my case a body, then i would apply shoes, belt ,helmet, glass.......)
Recall one of the previous stored pose and apply again....
Is possible to do this?

Thx
Bye

P.S. i don't need so much stuff about animation, so the reply i hope very simple...
Bye
Leo

Strang
06-19-2006, 03:42 AM
you should look into storing actions using current values. which will just store a single value, no animation. then load those actions onto your character. you can build your own library while making a character and run him through these preset actions.

making the changes to the topology or adding objects to your rig is also doable. just envelope them as desired and apply the action to the rig. as long as your not changing the rig's naming and hierarchy you should be fine. even if you do change that stuff it is possible to get that pose back. but it may just be easier to re-pose and save the action again.

later

pete
06-20-2006, 02:07 AM
It sounds cool in theory but every time i tried this in xsi, the pose would not restore to exactly the same position. It was pretty frustrating, I'd keep having to restore the pose untill it randomly came good. I couldn't for the life of me figure that one out :shrug: but yeah, that's what you're meat to be able to do...

marciani
06-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Thx for reply.

Here my workflow now:

make obj
assign a rig and set envelope
Set the skeleton in symmetric way in a rest pose and STORE SKELETON POSE.
set the other position and give them a different name( you can find them in the explorer, in the mixer....
Select a pose end APPLY POSE....
if i add some props to the mesh....

remove the envelope and set the envelope again selectioning more mesh.....

CGTalk Moderation
06-20-2006, 01:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.