PDA

View Full Version : Where are the selection prefrences?

Scott Ayers
06-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi everyone.

I've been using Maya to rig my characters that I've made with other modeling programs.
I'd like to try experimenting with the clusters and modeling tools in Maya. But I'm having problems with the selection tool.

In other programs. You go to a side view. Select the vertices you want. Then hold down the Shift key to add more vertices to your selection. Or hold down the CTRL key to remove vertices from your selection.
This also selects all the vertices on both sides of the model by default unless you turn off that function.
I'm trying to do this in Maya. But I can't figure out how to do it.
When I use the selection tool from a side view:

-It only selects the vertices facing the front of the view. And I need all of the vertices on both sides and the middle of the model to be selectable from a side view.

-I can't figure out how to add or remove more points to my selection. Holding down the shift key doesn't work. It just starts over from scratch and lets go of the vertices I have currently selected.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Inker123
06-18-2006, 11:50 PM
When drag-selecting things like verts and faces and such, ctrl will deselect, shift will invert-select, and ctrl+shift will add to selection. I dont think that answers all of your question, but I hope it clears some things up.

akeissami
06-19-2006, 03:42 AM
Do you have Backface Culling off in the Display>Custom Polygon Display Options Dialog? Try setting it to on and see if that is what you're wanting it to do.

Scott Ayers
06-19-2006, 03:56 AM
Thanks guys.

When I select vertices there is some ghosting around them making it look like the verts behind weren't selected. But actually they were.
It might be my video card doing that.

Thanks for the key control list Inker.
Ctrl+Shift was what I was hunting for but couldn't find.

Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
06-19-2006, 03:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.