PDA

View Full Version : Particle Illusion 3.0

Kyena
06-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone :)

I was wondering if someone uses Particle Illusion 3.0.
I am starting to do some particle effects and have a bit of troubles understanding how I would go about creating a good 16 frame loop.

If anyone has some experience and time to get back to me I would be very thankful.

And I hope I posted this in the right section :blush:

AUMAKUA
06-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Hello there:) at first I'd like to congratulate you for your artwork, I'm a great fan of yours:)
Now, to the subject... I've been using P.Illusion for some time now, but I wasn't actually able to make a loopable animation in there.. so, I had a little search in an Illusion forum and I think i found something interesting:

" The bad news: Within Illusion it is not possible.

The good news: it isn't too hard to do if you have a compositing app (Premiere for example). Here's an explanation from another user:

How's is best to approach designing a looping animation ? I'm thinking about doing some games effects.

In this case you'd need to take the first few frames and blend them into the last few frames (and the last few blended into the first few). Does that make sense?

Yep, that's the way it works, basicly, i've done it zillion times. Any editing application can do it. Here's a short "how to":

1. Render your clip in illusion, make it about a second longer than you want the loop to be.

2. Split the clip into two sections, one of which is the length of the loop, and the other is the "extra second" at the end.

3. Match the start frames of the two clips to same place in the timeline.

4. Do an one second crossfade (or a wipe or some other transition that looks as unnoticeable as possible) from the "extra second" clip to the

"loop length" clip.

You now have a loopable animation you can export to file, as the last frame of the "loop length" clip is the frame that was in the original animation before the "extra second" clip... "

You can find the above post there:

http://www.dmnforums.com/cgi-bin/displaywwugpost.fcgi?forum=impulse_illusion&post=001030163728.htm

I hope it will work for you Kyena :)

Aumakua

Kyena
06-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Hey there :)
Thanks a lot for the compliments and the help.

I actually found a tutorial on how to create loops in PI. I haven't tried it out since I have just been doodling around in the demo version (I will get the full version tomorrow).

But you might be interested in it too: The images in the zip don't work but it helps anway.
I'll save your option too though and try it out as well.

http://www.wondertouch.com/downloads/temp/PILoopTut2.zip

It's gonna be a real challenge for me since I only have 16 frames to work with too >_<

CGTalk Moderation
06-18-2006, 08:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.