PDA

View Full Version : Rough Demo Reel

amamic33431
06-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Hey guys, I would like any advice I can get on my latest Demo Reel.

http://www.imaginationattic.com/DemoReel.html

Thanks in advance for any input.

earlyworm
06-18-2006, 03:03 AM
Couple of things...

What are the dark grey streaks on the Digger model? Get rid of them they look bad, not sure if it's texture or another version of the model.
If your character interaction test is supposed to show how good you are at Matchamation/Rotomation then show the clip which your basing it off, either underneath the animation or next to it. And shoot some of your own footage to Rotomate to instead of LOTR footage. That being said, it looked like you did a good job matching the action - can't tell without seeing the original clip as reference.
There's something about the reference images, but I can't think of anyway you could improve them. Speed them up, just show one ref image, not sure.
The hulk character is good, could you do something else with him. Do a run-cycle or something like picking up a box and throwing it against a wall.
The creature and the ball. The animation here is good, I just wish the ball wasn't in it. Animate the creature doing something else. The badly textured ball isn't helping.
Fix the environment's that the characters are in, the turntable scenes are good because they're nice and simple. The gollum fight and the creature env's look rather half-baked. If you feel you env skills aren't up to scratch then don't try and put something in there just so there's something in there. A standard grey plane running off to the horizon will do.
Have the creature toss the bone on to the ground next to him, don't have it go off-screen.
Model some clothes on the woman, how many digi-doubles or game characters do you see without clothes on?

CGTalk Moderation
06-18-2006, 03:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.