PDA

View Full Version : Races of Middle Earth - Character - Fellah

Pages : [1] 2

fellah
01-13-2003, 07:27 PM
I'm in. no mercy this time, you're all dead ;)

here's my first concept, nothing much. but it's enough to get started.
http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/SmallBastards.Concept.1.gif
I call them "the small bastards"(named after a very 'famous' french guy in this forum ;) )
their only reason in life is to spy/listen/peak on other creatures, and then spread the secrets they find out to as many creatures/bastards as they can, just to sabotage.
they are very fast and small creatures, so they are almost impossible to catch. they reach approximately to the ankle of a normal human.

the body will get alot of detail(i.e not like the concept)when I start to model. the body on the concept is only there for basic proportions.
I'll start to model within a couple of days, must finish some other things first..

good luck everyone, you'll need it when I start modeling ;)

eli-XSI-ir
01-13-2003, 07:34 PM
FELLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IS HEREEE

Gandalf
01-13-2003, 07:35 PM
Awasome concept!
I love your modeling style, can't wait to see the "small bastards" model ;) :thumbsup:

Fetus23
01-13-2003, 07:35 PM
hahaha!!...what a nice idea and concept fellah!! go go go!!!

fetus

leigh
01-13-2003, 07:41 PM
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Fellah is in!!!!! :D:D:D:D

SO good to see that you have joined the challenge, Fellah! I know your entry is going to be awesome :thumbsup: :bounce:

erilaz
01-13-2003, 07:47 PM
Fellah arrives, and our doom is at hand!:D
Can't wait for your modelling skills to show us all how it's done once more.:wip:

Remi
01-13-2003, 07:53 PM
Nice to see another friendly character in here...starting to get worried about this place...so dark....hehe

Great concept fellah...it rocks..maybe my Cuobbet and your little guy can be friends someday.....just a thought:thumbsup:

OZ
01-13-2003, 08:02 PM
At the top of my preference in one concept.........Still so good u are join the party! ....:beer: Go...And rock over us !!!

SheepFactory
01-13-2003, 08:24 PM
:buttrock:

glad to see you in man :)

BlueCougar
01-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Cool, sorta like the original "Gremlins" character in the old Bugs Bunny cartoon during WWII. I like it.

Apt Pupil
01-13-2003, 09:13 PM
Lol, Lol, I love your discription of this little bastard. Reminds me of someone too.

It's GREAT to see you enterInG this ONe, I was Hoping YOu would!!! It's not a challenge without Fellah.

I'm in. no mercy this time, you're all dead

Right back at you. (later this week:p)

Virtuoso
01-13-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by fellah
I'm in. no mercy this time, you're all dead ;)

good luck everyone, you'll need it when I start modeling ;)

:twisted: .............Them's fighting words son..........You want some of me.........well let's dance son. Whoa weeeee,time to pull out all the stops.,roll up the sleeves and let the verts fly.:airguitar

Putting my concepts together for the last days now..........But with your fighting words i think i'll add another character to my original plans..............A "Bastard stomper"......;)

Real Happy to see you in,you talented Bastard.:beer:

PS: And to make things complete Apt Pupil too is in......All is well..........:beer:

mv
01-13-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm happy you're there! good luck !:beer: :beer: waiting for your modelling!

Remi
01-13-2003, 09:53 PM
Reminds me of Max from the Grinch....I think it's the big eyes:shrug: :thumbsup: :D

Poju
01-13-2003, 09:55 PM
:bounce: Fellah is in da house:bounce:

Forget those other things and start rightaway :wip:

fellah
01-13-2003, 11:21 PM
is this how you welcome your enemies? I thought I would get killed after my opening line! :D

thanks all though, I'm really glad for the warm welcome!(even if I hate you all, until Feb28 ;) )

maybe my Cuobbet and your little guy can be friends someday
ahaha! don't let the cute pose and the big innocent eyes of the "little bastard" fool you, he's a mean little fella that don't wan't to be anyones fella ;)

Apt Pupil,
I'm not the least scared of you. you won't stand a chance, you know that, no? :shrug:
and whats up with you 'bIg aNd lIttle lEttErs wRiTTing? I thought you had a hidden msg in those letters at first :)

Virtuoso,
I say the same thing to you as I said to Apt. I'm not at all terrified by you 2 little girly things. you better stop drawing, it dosen't matter what you do, nothing can/will stop me now :cool:

But with your fighting words i think i'll add another character to my original plans..............A "Bastard stomper"
ahahahahahaha, best thing I've heard/read today!!! :D

thanks again to everyine for the welcome :)

*hopes the 2 girly things will join soon, so he can kick their butts*

jimpajammer
01-13-2003, 11:24 PM
less talk... more fight!

schyssta grejjer på din sajt, mister!

mvh

/j

Virtuoso
01-14-2003, 12:36 AM
Bulletin Alert,STrAnge cReature sighteD...........STay hOMe PlEase,Respect this warning.............Sources Indicate GotHenburg TargEteD..............fellah IN great danger.....................Girly man tOon arTist fellaH shrEeks iN terror and disBelief and UndeR Great pressure of the creations soon to come from virtuoso and apt pupil.....................:p :p :beer:

speacial message just for you fellah...............see you soon............:beer:

visualboo
01-14-2003, 01:21 AM
bah!

lildragon
01-14-2003, 03:58 AM
I don't like you :annoyed: shu shu, bad fellah shu :p

GOod to see you in buddy, now get that lazy bum totitch in here! Oh and Pabbloz :p

salud

Apt Pupil
01-14-2003, 07:19 AM
fellah --> Lol, Be afraid dude!!! I am just not sure if I should try for the usual overkill (scene + a few characters), or for something more simpler this time (one figure . . . only). We shall see;)

Feb 28, victory shall be mine!! heheh Good luck to you all.

Virtuoso --> dito that. My sentements exactly, it's bastard stomping time:p

Totitch
01-14-2003, 10:19 AM
Great bastard! :applause:

This character fits perfectly with you! Same soul, same face! Really you!
I'm waiting for your 3D WIP! :bounce:

And i will enter this challenge too! First! To prouv I'm not lasy! ;)
And then, to kick your ass, you little bastard!!!!!!! :D

And we need to force Pab to enter the challenge with us! Like in the OooooOOOooooold time! :D

fellah
01-14-2003, 12:40 PM
jimpajammer,
thanks, glad you like the site to! :)

Virtuoso,
ahaha cleaver! :D but I'm not afraid(nor the "little bastards"), I will add something to prevent stampers to get to my creatures if necessary!
I've also locked all my doors, I won't get outside until the deadline, so we are safe from stampers here.
enough talk, now it's soon time to start taking you out, one by one!!

visualboo,
join join join!!! you know you want to!(and I know you will ;) )

lildragon,
ahaha! even the mods fear me I see ;) maybe I should calm down a little, I haven't even started modeling :)

I talked to totitch, he told me he would join, but I don't think he dares to. he talks alot, nothing gets done.. he's a bit lasy..
and pabbloz, if he joins, I'm dead(he told me that) so, I won't push him no more.

Apt Pupil,
:eek:
I am just not sure if I should try for the usual overkill (scene + a few characters), or for something more simpler this time (one figure . . . only). We shall see
but,
it really dosen't matter :cool:

Totitch,
This character fits perfectly with you! Same soul, same face! Really you!
now everyone knows.. :shame:

And i will enter this challenge too! First! To prouv I'm not lasy!
just read what I wrote to lildragon.. *sigh* lasy little bastard(hint hint hint!)

NANONEEN
01-14-2003, 01:52 PM
I love the small bastard!
sure he is as bastard as you are fellah!
great start fellah!
maybe you can dress him a little.......

ivanimal
01-14-2003, 02:38 PM
I know you are great modelar. WHERE IS THE MODEL?

Virtuoso
01-15-2003, 03:56 AM
I posted this in Wiro's thread.................But want to warn you here as well fellah..............Just to make sure you get this message.............

Bah............Virtuoso's Bastard stompers eat Ug's as appetizers,and Fellah's Bastards for dessert..............there sooo very sweeeeet. The only problem with Fellahs bastards is that they get caught in the teeth of my beloved Bastard stompers.;) :beer:

But they can pick them out with the bones of past bastard meals. See you soon......and ware the Virtuoso Bastard stompers.:beer:

Coming real soon to a thread near you........... :twisted: :beer:

Frinsklen
01-15-2003, 01:28 PM
Just making sure I subscribe to this one... :)

A thread to keep an eye on... although it would be even better if I could see the picture you've posted... doesnt seem to load at all. I'll try later. You can start your model meanwhile... :D

:bounce:

MikaelPersson
01-15-2003, 01:34 PM
Just dropping in to say hi.
I liked the little character, waiting for a model before I start giving some critique.

fellah
01-15-2003, 02:19 PM
NANONEEN,
one of my biggest enemies.. thanks :)

Virtuoso,
I have alot of ideas in my head to stop those big dumb creatures I've heard about from you and a french monkey! I will win, my creature will be the smart little one, fooling all you others! :D

Frinsklen,
I'm glad you subscribed, it will be alot of fun over here once the "chickens" starts :)
and if you get the chance, push pabblotoz a little. I think he's a bit scared, blaming it on "lack of time".. ;)

Mikael P,
hi Mikael, long time no see! will you join this time? it would be a big mistake to miss this challenge out, me thinks :)

ivanimal,
here it is:
http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/Render1.jpg
6-8hours of work so far, I'm not at all sure about the ears, I will try to make the long ones that I drew in the conceptSketch.. I think it will make him more cute/bastard like.. I'll at least give it a try.

take care

shoey
01-15-2003, 02:25 PM
great start fellah, love the concept. i think you're right about those ears though. you might have to try and make the lang ears if you want it to look cuter. keep it up:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

NANONEEN
01-15-2003, 02:26 PM
I don't know for the choice of the ears, but this one are well modelisated !
you are my favourite enemy guy !
the noise is maybe to exagerated; it looks to different with the rest of the head !
it's a good start, you are faster than us all!!!

Totitch
01-15-2003, 02:27 PM
:thumbsdow ..................:hmm:

I'm sure now! i will brake you!!! :cool:
Nice start for a one-armed guy! :D :D :D

Great work Fellah! Eyes are really nice now!!

Virtuoso
01-15-2003, 02:30 PM
Un-veiling is coming...Haha,hehe,Bastard stompers are coming,something wicked comes your way..........Such beautiful tasty Bastards....My Stompers are foaming at the mouth right now,they see your cute (Fierce :rolleyes: ) Bastards on my screen right now in my laboratory...They hunger for the taste of your cute lil' bastards.:p

It's sooo quite,it's always that way.......just before i release the Bastard stompers.....I can barely hold them back....They tell me to say to you thank-you for creating such beautiful soft creatures of such rich taste. There overlords too are quite excited...

:drool: :p

They tell me the ears are extra tasty....Keep them please.Wonderful creations.............Your bastards are....extra tasty.:drool:

Mikael: Nice to see you.:wavey:

Fetus23
01-15-2003, 02:35 PM
Very nice start fellah!!!...I really like those thin membrain type eyelids...(take note)...:applause: ...The ears are good but perhapes you are right to make them longer for increased cuteness....

model onward!!
:beer:
fetus

MikaelPersson
01-15-2003, 02:43 PM
I really like the eyelids and the corners of the eyes. But I am unsure about his ears. I like that the roundness/thickness of them is seen on his cheeks too, but have you considered making them really thin more like bat ears? I am not sure if it would look better, but do consider it.
His upperlip needs some thickness/roundness too, but I am sure you will do something with it.

No, I am not entering this month (don't think so atleast). So much to take care of in this new country except the tons of work I have to do. (Hi Virtuoso :) ).

ilasolomon
01-15-2003, 03:08 PM
AHA!, GOTYA!... :)
Verrry nice concept & model as always Anders, your style is my favorite.
huh huh! I will knock you out this time! (I was lucky you didn't join the 3d toon challange!!) :P :D ;P :thumbsup:

mv
01-15-2003, 04:09 PM
that made me laugh loud.:scream:
It's a good sign.
I'm a big fan of your style, you know it
:buttrock:

fellah
01-15-2003, 07:25 PM
thanks all! I just came back from a very cool film, called something like "the two towers" it was a very cool film that I can recommend to everyone here ;)

shoey,
thanks! ears will be changed for certain.

NANONEEN,
to kind nano, I love you!: and I hope you'll get some time to start your modeling to!

Totitch,
to mean, I hate you! and I hope you won't get any time to start with your modeling!

Virtuoso,
less talk, more work.. loser! ;)

Fetus23,
I will change the ears for sure, and at least see how it will look like.
now, back to work fetus. work work work, you have no time to lose if you shall beat me :wip:

Mikael,
thanks, you inputs are always very good and helpful ones! I agree with everything you said, I will give him ears like those I drew in the conceptSketch and give more volume to his lips.
very sad you don't have the won't join in though :sad: but I'm also glad you're busy with your new job, hope you enjoy it :)

ila_solomon,
ahahaha! maybe you will(once again!) but I will give you a fight, a fight you won't remember! :wip:

m@
Im glad it could make you laugh :) love your work to, bastard!

I won't have time to keep modeling until the end of this week/start of next week.. but, I will beat you all anyways, it will just take a little longer ;)

take care

OZ
01-15-2003, 11:55 PM
WELL....he....perfect as ever....only perfect.....:beer: :applause:

Koma
01-16-2003, 08:39 AM
ha ha ha hahahhaha ,excellent ,cant wait to see the rest go go go work ...you are a trullt amazing artist .. keep it up:thumbsup:

levin
01-16-2003, 10:28 AM
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!1

i like the big ears and thin eyelids!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

keep it up masterFellah

pigwater
01-16-2003, 10:29 AM
absolutely beautiful...:eek: :eek:

your work inspires....

mv
01-16-2003, 12:43 PM
, bastard!

I take it as a compliment, I'm flattered :beer:

But Are you Seriously Thinking to be Able to Really put us all Down, with that photo of you 3-years old ?
:shame: you can always try and paint clumsy wireframes with MSPaint, you'll not convince me it's done in 3d...

to prevent myself from further hostilities, I SWEAR that I'm not modelling my mother.

fellah
01-16-2003, 03:29 PM
thank you all, sadly I haven't got an update yet :sad: but once I get more time I'll stop the "blocking" and add the details ;)

m@
:shame:
it was meant as a compliment at first, but after I saw your hidden msg, it turned from compliment-> uhm.. something bad! I will never forgive you now! :mad:
oh, is it your father/sister/brother you are modeling, maybe YOURSELF? :curious:

j/k you cleaver little B ;)

DimitrisLiatsos
01-16-2003, 11:35 PM
:wavey:

Cool Fellah style .... !!!:thumbsup:

i 'll be back....take care!!!

pabbloz
01-16-2003, 11:48 PM
Wow Fellah!
You starts hard! :buttrock:
These eyes look really awesome! they will jump sudently! :D
The ears are really well done, but I think I liked more the sketch ones... :shrug: well... you always can make them.. and then choose... the uglier for your own library! :applause:

But it rocks! I wait for the cathastrofic teeth!! Ahaha! :D

and I final suggestion! maybe the nose would be better if you make it wider in its initial part! :)

Be carefull! totitch is envious and when that happens he try to destroy your model with stupid suggestion! don't read his bastard comments!

Apt Pupil
01-17-2003, 04:22 AM
I remember somebody saying something about Thursday, I think he meant Friday heheh;)

Otherwise, I'll wait to see the body before I give any comments, because right now, I'd say the nose joint (where it joins the face) could be bigger, but then, we will have to see how it balances once the body is in place.

So stop watching tv, and . . . :wip: :wip: :wip:

Ryu
01-19-2003, 07:36 PM
could you show us a wireframe plz?
great start by the way... ;)
++

Mandrake
01-20-2003, 01:22 AM
Heya Fellah, I just decided to get in so you better stop wasting
your time because...
EVIL COFFEE BOSS is Back!!!:twisted:

heh:) .. just kiddin' .. dont have much time .. maybe..
its hard to look at you guys having fun around.. I'm jealous:rolleyes:

Its great start you got here, nothing to comment on yet

.. I second ears down though

fellah
01-20-2003, 03:37 PM
Ryu
here's a wire:
Wireframe (http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/Render1.Wireframe.gif)

Apt Pupil,
yes, those fixes will be made. btw, did you remove your thread?? :eek:

Mandrake,
no! :eek: don't join! I just heard from somewhere that bosses wasn't alowed to join! ;)

but I seriously hope you'll join. it will be fun to see you in action again! maybe you can get ivanimal do do some of the work for your entry :wip: (sorry ivanimal, I hope I didn't put you in problems ;) )

DimitrisLiatsos,
thanks, hope to see you here again :)

pabbloz,
I've already taken care of you! ;)

OZ
01-20-2003, 05:20 PM
A U G H ! :buttrock: ....well done! WROX!

Ryu
01-20-2003, 06:22 PM
i really like the wireframe man :)
Perfect job,
Can i know which technique do you use to model?
box modelling? splines?
I don't think i'll be the first to ask you for this,
but what about some tutorials? modelling vid maybe??
It would be SOOOO GREEAAAT :)
I wish you some good continuation,
i ever loved your work (especially the shark, and the girl ;))
and i think this gonna be some master piece,
cya,

ivanimal
01-21-2003, 09:11 AM
Fellah, Fellah you play with fire and I get burned.My plan with coffee dont work anymore. He bacame worse and worse. I must to find another way.Maybe you have some ideas?

Tennis
01-21-2003, 10:21 PM
hey Mr. Slowmo when do we get to see all the pretty updates ;) hehe

looks great so far, hope you get the chance to work and post some more of him :thumbsup:

olivier Defaye
01-22-2003, 10:44 AM
very nice
the modeling is perfect
i hope the rest of the the body will be nice as the head
I have a question:

do you model face by face or from a box you subdivide?
and do you use the model 2d draw on a box or more intuitive
just in 3d?

thanks for your answers
your works is awesome!:eek:

fellah
01-22-2003, 02:12 PM
Ryu and olivier Defaye,
here, I made a few images to show you how I model(sometimes)
Pic 1 (http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/SmallModelingTutorial.Pic1.gif)
Pic 2 (http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/SmallModelingTutorial.Pic2.gif)
Pic 3 (http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/SmallModelingTutorial.Pic3.gif)
Pic 4 (http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/SmallModelingTutorial.Pic4.gif)

then for the body, I usually make the hand/feets as "parts", and attach them to the body.
I usually model the body "poly by poly" if it's very detailed. if it's not, I start from a box..

ivanimal,
sorry! :D
[mandrake do not read]
maybe you can do something with the toilet? or his toothbrush!! :D
[/mandrake do not read]

- OZ-
thank you, italian master! :)

Kenneth_fejer,
hey! sorry for the lack of updates.. I will start working on this little fella again very soon :wip:

thanks!
/fellah

azazel
01-22-2003, 02:19 PM
Without a body this poor little bastard won't be even able to run before They got him...

:wip: :wip:

And thanks for the mini-tut, quite useful. But every time I model that way I have problems with getting the whole head's shape right, so prefer boxes ;)

Fetus23
01-22-2003, 02:27 PM
C'mon fellah!!!..4 pages and one little head!!...Lets go go go!!!
Waiting for an update....:wip: :wip: :wip: :wip:

fetus

Neox
01-22-2003, 02:28 PM
no update? come on, use your battleaxe and show us your speed :D

cheers m8 good work and clean modelling! :beer:

fellah
01-22-2003, 02:33 PM
the pressure comes fast and strong! :D
I will take some time today(maybe ;) ) and get some more done. it was a while since I touched him, he's screaming for some fysical contact with me :love: :)

thanks everyone for the push!

And thanks for the mini-tut, quite useful. But every time I model that way I have problems with getting the whole head's shape right, so prefer boxes
yes it can be a bit hard sometimes, but to make it easier you can make a simple sphere that can represent the size of the head and put it in a background layer. and the same things with the eyes, and just wrap the "skin" around(almost)

take care

olivier Defaye
01-22-2003, 02:41 PM
yes thanks a lot for that wire picture

Apt Pupil
01-22-2003, 07:49 PM
Yup, I removed my thread. After reading your comment there about time management, I thought it would perhaps be suicidal to enter this comp. I am suppose to be designing (modeling, texturing, and designing) a massive space fleet for an upcoming game.

It's your fault for talking some sense into me you bastard!!! However, maybe, I'll join in on the last two weeks to wup your butt anyways!!

So I guess I am going to have to sit on the sidelines for the time being and watch with remorse everyone having fun :sad: :cry:

Virtuoso --> If your reading this, empty out your pm box!

Dreamwave
01-22-2003, 07:53 PM
[b]Ryu and olivier Defaye,
here, I made a few images to show you how I model(sometimes)
Pic 1 (http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/SmallModelingTutorial.Pic1.gif)
Pic 2 (http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/SmallModelingTutorial.Pic2.gif)
Pic 3 (http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/SmallModelingTutorial.Pic3.gif)
Pic 4 (http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/SmallModelingTutorial.Pic4.gif)

wow thnx man, that's really usefull for a noob like me! :bounce:

fellah
01-22-2003, 07:58 PM
olivier Defaye, Dreamwave
np, glad I could help a little.

Apt Pupil
doh, me and my big mouth :sad: but I understand you.. I hope there will be more cool challenges in the future, where I can whoop your ass.. and where you won't blame the time!! ;)
now my little bastard isn't even sure he wants to be created.. when he won't have anyone to fool/kick ass with, what wil be his reason in life? :sad: I hope I'll see some kinda bastard stomper from the chicken soon :)
oh well, hope to see you around, giving comments etc.. :)

Virtuoso
01-22-2003, 10:20 PM
I have been called out by you once again eh fellah....:shame: ;)

The Fellah Lil' Bastard stompers already exist....Yes they do....Oh they exist and they hunger for lil bastards tasty little morsels that they are. But they wait patiently for more from you before they and there companions ( Yes Companions) show themselves. i shall unveil them and a few surprises soon after you show me more of the those lil' bastards,only then.....:p

Apt Pupil: I have emptied that over stuffed message box,sorry.I really hope you get time later to create that concept you had,it was 4 aces. A massive space fleet for a game huh...Cool,let me see some of your work when you get finished if possible...... Hope to see you soon.:beer:

And Fellah you talented lil' Bastard,I await your next move,and then I shall show you a taste of what's to come.Back to the lab...............The Bastard stompers need feeding,appetizers to there real meal soon ........your sweet tasty bastards. Bye for now............:drool: :p

Apt Pupil
01-23-2003, 01:23 AM
By the way, that sketch you saw in my thread was only a warm up sketch. I needed to practice my long time unused 2d skills. However, that creature/thing was not what I was going to do. I was going to do a . . . and . . . and a big . . . heheh, I'll leave this empty in case I decide to enter towards the end:twisted:

Fellah --> Whoop my ass, Never!!:)

Mandrake --> heh .. just kiddin' .. dont have much time .. maybe.. its hard to look at you guys having fun around.. I'm jealous

I know what you mean. It would have been nice to have some wholesome vengence performed on you too for that to good an entry you did in the beast of burden challenge. But, you never know, if you enter, and then I enter, it's stomping time :)

fellah
01-23-2003, 04:03 PM
Apt Pupil
we all know you are scared Apt, please don't blame it on anything else, scared is the word for you this month :rolleyes:

Virtuoso, how did you know I meant you? :p
I await your next move,and then I shall show you a taste of what's to come
that got me started a little :D
please read what I'm going to say now, out loudly, so the stompers can hear you fine where they are right now, in their cages:
I gave him a nice looong tasteful tail, and kept the big tasteful ears, I will add a little fat on the small candy feets to. and long small smelly nails that the stompers can use as toothpickers after their dessert :)

I really hope your stompers don't go crasy now, when I show the proportions the little body will have :drool:

everything is lowpoly, I'm just blocking out the body to try and get a good feel of the proportions. I've always found it much easier to block out "in pose", to get a feel of how the character will look like.
http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/Render2.jpg
I would appreciate comments on the proportions mainly, but other crits/commens are welcome to.
he will get really bonny/skinny later on, maybe with a big diaper :)

oh, and I actually modeled the long ears, but it looked awful to me, maybe I did it wrong.. I might try again later.

take care

somlor
01-23-2003, 05:01 PM
Well you've managed to block in quite a lot of personality in such a little character. :thumbsup:

I like his pose, btw, with the feet turned inward.

I can't think of any crits, but maybe I'll come back after coffee. ;)

(s)

NANONEEN
01-23-2003, 05:04 PM
bravo fellah !
when you say you do something, you do it........not like other guys..............:wip:

stipen
01-23-2003, 05:09 PM
hey fellah......I don't anderstand what is he doin with his tail in his ass ?????:bounce:
Just kidding !!
Great Feeling !!!!!

Totitch
01-23-2003, 05:12 PM
Hhihihi! :D

it's not a tail! it's the plug of his Vib...oups!
(Sorry Fellah! It was sooooo Easy! :shrug: :D :D )

Great work as always! it's already nice! Great proportions! :thumbsup:

azazel
01-23-2003, 05:32 PM
really hope your stompers don't go crasy now, when I show the proportions the little body will have

That means he is 20 feet tall or something? now he won't fit into a pipe :(

fellah
01-23-2003, 05:33 PM
somlor,
thanks, but if you find something that bothers you, don't hesitate to crit :)

NANONEEN,
yes, but i know those other guys have "alot" to do! like playing games during work! :D

stipen,
heheheh ;)
I just wish your 2 little friends could work as good as you with this challenge, and not just tease us with good concepts! it feels as if they only have one goal in life, the same goal as my little bastards(oh, I made him after totitch, maybe that explains the little "plug of his Vib" :D )

Totitch,
read up, and you'll get the right explanation to the tail! :shame:

azazel,
what? :D

azazel
01-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Everybody wanted to stomp or eat these lil bastards, I was thinking of letting my character ... smoke them in the pipe, along with Wiro's poisonous ones. Yours to get happy, Wiro's to go berserk before the battle... still thinking about story of my character, and sometimes I have weird ideas like this one.

So how big is he? or it is a surprise?

l_farley13_l
01-23-2003, 06:15 PM
Ha everything looks great so far!

So a wee little lad running from the all the other entries - you know he's going to get tired don't you !! ;) We need food!

Farley13

pabbloz
01-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Huh! I though the tail was the anthenna... :shrug:

Ahaha! :D Great work fellah!

OZ
01-23-2003, 09:26 PM
TRue cool!:cool: ...the tail is too nice! U roc 4 sure man!:applause:

Virtuoso
01-23-2003, 10:15 PM

Virtuoso, how did you know I meant you? :p

that got me started a little :D
please read what I'm going to say now, out loudly, so the stompers can hear you fine where they are right now, in their cages:
I gave him a nice looong tasteful tail, and kept the big tasteful ears, I will add a little fat on the small candy feets to. and long small smelly nails that the stompers can use as toothpickers after their dessert :)

I really hope your stompers don't go crasy now, when I show the proportions the little body will have :drool:

[/B]

I have just read the message to them out loud.They are going crazzzzy with hunger for those tasty Bastards of yours.The cages I have built for them in the lab can hardly contain them any longer.

I am Happy that you finally admit to defeat......:p Yes those long tasty but smelly nails will make great toothpicks after there great meals( Delicacy) the lil'Bastards. Thing with them is they even eat the toothpick ( Nails).

They agree that the tail is extra tasty,but the ears are the best most tasty part. A little fat on the small candy feet is much appreaciated as well,they ask me to thankyou for this extra treat. :drool:

They tell me to let you know you have done a fantastic job with your lil'Bastards,and they mean no disrespect to you the creator or them.There love for the Bastards is a very high compliment to them,there beauty and there "Taste" is second to none.....:drool:

It gets more and more difficult to contain my Stompers,but I cannot release them yet from there cages into a "thread here at CG talk" where they can run freely for a very good reason.But it shall be apparent to why soon enough. They have companions and a little something more as well. I have to tighten up on a few details before doing so.But only a few more days now. They come for your precious Lil' Bastards soon.

Keep creating,they look wonderful,and tasty,they thankyou once again.

:drool:

mv
01-23-2003, 10:39 PM
That's very nice, fellah! that little b****** looks just like he wants to be kicked, or stomped! great expression!:beer:

fellah
01-23-2003, 10:48 PM
azazel,
the lil'B ppl are pretty small, so I guess your creature can roll and smoke them :D, if they can catch him will say!

heres a pic to show their size vs a human:
http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/LilB.Size.jpg

l_farley13_l
heheh! I have to give him some sorta vehicle so he won't get tired then =)

pabbloz,
you know what I think! thank you!

- OZ-
hey oz, I hope you'll get some spare time to work on your entry again! it looks really promising so far, I hope you'll finish this time!! ;)

Virtuoso,
ahaha! you are crasy!!! :D but, you are also very mean against your stompers, not giving them any chance to grasp a little B when they're still young/easy to catch! what are you feeding them with now, beans? virtuoso beens!? :eek: :shame:

m@,
ahahahah! he dosen't want to, but I think he will be :sad: :D thank you m@!

thanks all
take care

Virtuoso
01-23-2003, 11:16 PM
Hehe.................I gave all my Virtuoso beans to this crazzzzy flying toilet dude...........:p

I give them nothing to eat........They starve and go crazier every moment for your tasty lil' bastards. Back to the lab,they need more tender lovin care.:p :beer:

Fetus23
01-24-2003, 12:40 AM
Wonderful little body he has!! You sure his head isn't too big? He might be a little top heavy. That would be my only crit at this point. I love the size of him. Does he bite?? Are there any sharp teeth under those lips?? Keep cutting polys!! Reminds me of a LORT cherub...maybe little wings?? :)...all just suggestions, its looking mighty fine...

model away!!

fetus :beer:

rolhionjs
01-24-2003, 05:04 PM
the fellah's touch ! ;) Pretty cool creature ! :)

shoey
01-24-2003, 06:05 PM
looking good fellah, think the proportions are great:thumbsup:

show
01-24-2003, 06:10 PM
cool thats the size of my character too ;P

azazel
01-24-2003, 08:29 PM
fellah, don't be worry about Your lil'bastards... my character won't smoke them, read my story if You want know why ;). But animating that kind of scene (catching lil'one) would be fun indeed

fellah
01-27-2003, 03:31 PM
thank you all for the feedback!

Fetus23,
I took the headSize in consideration. and yes, he bites :) I'll add the teeth and more details to the face later on.

update :surprised
http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/Render4.jpg

crits and comments are welcome, though take in consideration that the shoulders and legs are still very WIP.

thanks,
take care

visualboo
01-27-2003, 03:50 PM
Awesome fellah.... simply awesome.

MikaelPersson
01-27-2003, 04:35 PM
Nice. Very nice. I am a bit unsure about the feet. But I'll wait with further comments as you mentioned WIP.

fellah
01-27-2003, 05:05 PM
thank you visualboo! so.. when will you join? :)

Mikael,
I consider the feets ~90% done, so if you have anything to say about them, shoot please :) the legs are very WIP though, thanks!

MikaelPersson
01-27-2003, 05:11 PM
Well, it was mostly the height of his feet. It looks a bit to much, but I am really unsure. I like the fact that you've made them so unconvetional. So I shouldn't demand that you made a tradiotional flat long pair.
Plus the size of the toes, so wierd. But still I kinda like them because of their originality.

fellah
01-27-2003, 05:20 PM
yes.. hm.. :) I won't make them "normal" but I will definitely give them a bit more tweaking, especially on the toes. maybe the rest of the foot will look better after a little tweak there.
thanks, it's always fun to get constructive comments!

nervous_twitch
01-27-2003, 05:31 PM
Looking really awesome Fellah.

I think a more defined achilles tendon would look great on those feet. Also, some forehead wrinkles would add a lot of character to his head. Really great looking stuff, man.

:thumbsup:

Remi
01-27-2003, 05:36 PM
Great job fellah....little guy is really coming along....can't wait to see it finished....keep it up:thumbsup:

ilasolomon
01-27-2003, 05:39 PM
What for that little box in front of him is ?! :) what will it become? ;)
also where is his tail?! did someone cut it off? :D

visualboo
01-27-2003, 05:48 PM
I kind of agree about the feet except I wouldn't dare to put normal feet on that weirdo ;)

Look at that little butt.... awwww.

hehe... I wish I had time to join Anders. I'm just way to busy right now.

p.s. Please for the love of god will everybody that reads this semd a PM to Taoizm and tell him to quit walking around the office with his arms in the air like a damn monkey

Virtuoso
01-27-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by ila_solomon
where is his tail?! did someone cut it off? :D

A Bastard stomper of mine had a snack..........

Yes Fallah, when will you add that tasty tail? :drool:

The lil' "fellah" looks like a cross of your toilet creature and Mickey mouse.......which is a good thing,and a tasty one,those ears are just sooooo very tasty I am told by my precious pets.

I like the slight appearance of ribs you are showing come through the ribcage area,nice touch.But the Stompers perfer a more fat covered ribcage.:drool:

Also as Mikael the ever watchful friend of ours stated the feet should be adjusted a bit.The height in my opinion is a little much on the top portion,but just a bit.

I think with some more details such as definition of the body muscles, wrinkles, a few accessories upon his body he is on the way to being one tasty morsel.

I think with more time this week and without further trouble with my Stompers I should get my thread started this weekend at the latest.I know your Lil' Bastards need someone to play with......or should I say get eaten by.

:p :drool:

Nice thus far Fellah,keep up the usual great work.:beer:

pabbloz
01-27-2003, 06:40 PM
Hey! how did you know it, fellah? were you spying me?! :D

Yes,... very well done this update! I think you really have improved your skills on human anatomy with the man you have in progress on your web. I love al the sutil detail of the ribs and other tendons and bones. Lovely! :thumbsup:

Just maybe some toe could be wider... but not really important...
By the way... I think the box for the "genitals" is a little big, no? :D Ahah! come on! I want see theses arms and the second tail! :applause:

Cya!

P.S.: what color it is for the bastard guys? :)

Mandrake
01-27-2003, 07:13 PM
Ha ha that litle bustard is great
really good modeling.. i'll wait for more..
..and I actually like feet like that.. fits together well..

as pabbloz said, doing some realistic human anatomy helps..
that male anatomy you did.. I think it helps.. because even the
funniest cartoony bustards (no not you..):rolleyes: have anatomy..
and it pays off later..:thumbsup:

fellah
01-27-2003, 08:04 PM
nervous_twitch,
great idea about the achilles, I will definitely tweak that to make it fit together with the skinny/bony look he has/will get.
about the wrinkles, I agree. I planned to make them in the texturing stage, but I will give it a try and model it instead, thanks!

Remi,
thanks fellow cartoon lover :thumbsup:

ila_solomon,
ahahah, bastardoola! :D I just putted it there because I think it looks unnatural without "anything" down there.
I will add kinda cannibal/indian style clothes there later on, I think.
the tail will come, I must find a good place to put it first ;)

visualboo,
heheh, his feets will stay weird, but with some tweaks. very sad you can't join, I wish you had more time, maybe next time.. :wip:

Virtuoso,
not until the weekend?? raaah! I will take away a little fat from his ears and feets now, and more will be removed if you keep pushing it! :mad:
thanks though, god of the scared stompers ;)

pabbloz,
hihihi, always a pleasure reading your inputs pabblotoz.
the color will be "human color", I think. I will spend alot of time in the texturing stage, as that's a place I haven't tuched as much as I should have.
the tail will come. I must find a good place to put it first! ;)

Mandrake,
yea, that anatomyStudy has helped tons. both in realistic/cartoonish modeling and drawing, I can really recommend ppl doing long anatomyStudys of humans and (iv)animals ;)

thank you all, I just finished a couple of jobs so I will have more time to spend on the challenge now, I will get to work again asap.

tubby
01-28-2003, 12:43 AM
hey that character is looking fantastic fellah! My favorite part is the torso, the ribcage makes me drool. Hey keep up the inspiring work !:)

Sausage
01-28-2003, 08:41 AM
This, I really like. I think it reminds me more of a character that might appear in a Harry Potter setting than a LOTR one, but I can still see that it would fit in with LOTR.

The character really does exude personality. I look forward to seeing the finalised version.

I would suggest though, that I wouldn't normally expect a character of such a dimiutive size to have such intricate details and bone\muscle structure. I think I imagine the character to be about .75 to a meter tall.

Maybe that's just me.....

Excellent work though, fellah. :)

fellah
01-28-2003, 07:54 PM
thank you tubby, it's great to hear something like that from a talent like you! check your pm :)

Sausage,
thank you! I agree that a character of this little size should have more of a "baby look" with "baby fat". but I wan't to try something different, something more challenging modeling wise. I'll have it in my backhead during modeling though, we'll see :)

mtmckinley
01-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Very cool, as always, Fellah!

swag
01-29-2003, 11:24 PM
where is his toilet - nice style hope he learn some funny posings

Rye
01-30-2003, 12:06 AM
Fellah this is looking awesome as usual :) THe little love handles are a nice touch! I know a lot of people think the feet are too tall...but for some reason i relaly like them like that. I think it gives more character to him. I think its a matter of opinion though, so if you don't like em, make em shorter. Can't wait to se the arms, and I REALLY cant wait for you to get rid of that box! :love:

.....;)

-Rye

Neox
01-30-2003, 09:02 AM
is he walkin linke a human? If Yes, he definately needs no tail, give him longer arm and let him walk like a monkey, and the will tail be needed to assure his balnce :D

But well done so far! :thumbsup:

fellah
02-01-2003, 06:11 PM
mtmckinley,
thanks alot!

swag,
no toilet this time :) I'll get to the "real" posing once I've completed the model/texturing, thanks!

Rye,
hey thanks! really funny post to read :D but I must disappoint you, I'll never show what's behind the box.. he's ashamed of whats there(ps: modelReference: totitch :rolleyes: )

Neox,
hey musketeer! :) no, I don't know if I'll give him a tail anymore, I might give it a try. but I modeled away from the concept a little.. I don't think it will fit anymore..
oh, and the monkey arms. it's a cool idea, but it wont fit with the style/clothes I'm going to give him, thanks for the suggestions though!

a little update, there are some deformation errors by the shoulder, please ignore them. I didn't wanna make a perfect rig, just a basic one to make it easier to see the relationship of the arms to the body..
http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/Render5.jpg

take care

azazel
02-01-2003, 06:17 PM
Hehehe better and better....:thumbsup: only thing bugging me are legs: they seem not as detailed as the rest of the body. But if they are to be covered by some clothes it doesn't matter...;)

rolhionjs
02-01-2003, 06:18 PM
wow.. that's really a high level mesh you have here ! I really like this creature. Very attractive :thumbsup:

just a critic : weird weewee :) :) :) :) (just kidding)

lildragon
02-01-2003, 06:41 PM
wires damnit wires :wip:

fellah
02-01-2003, 07:12 PM
azazel,
yes you are right, but the upperLegs will probably be covered with clothes(as you said). but I will still tweak them a little ofcourse, thanks!

strike,
heheh, thanks ;)

lild, :D
here you go(150kb)
Wireframes (http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/Render5.Wires.jpg)

oh, I added a different view on the wireframePic so you can see the feets from the side a little better, I tweaked them a little since last update.

skello
02-01-2003, 07:29 PM
erm! c'mon fellah ..whats the cube for?....let him rock his 'dong' with pride:beer:

Rye
02-01-2003, 07:34 PM
you know...i think if we keep buggin him about it he might actually show us...<shudders>

janhath
02-01-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by swag
where is his toilet

Is that the same guy? Is this allowed? Or just a tweak version of him? It look just same.But still like him very much.
:)

mv
02-01-2003, 07:45 PM
:buttrock:your lil'bastard is rockin' ! great model!

ilasolomon
02-01-2003, 08:05 PM
It's not good @all, you should delete the entire mesh, format your hard, install new windows, install new LW again, then start from the begining...then maybe it gets better! :twisted:

fellah
02-01-2003, 08:27 PM
skello,
do you really wanna see it? :eek: :D

Rye,
I have to ask totitch first, as I modeled it after him.. I'm not sure he wants me to show his smallest secret! :cool:

janhath,
not the same at all, but the similarity of the head is close, I agree. you can see the progress of the head earlier in this thread, thanks!

m@,
thanks man! :airguitar

ila_solomon,
ahaha! that reminds me, I have to make a backup of everything. you shouldn't have mentioned anything! :cool:

tubby
02-01-2003, 09:33 PM
fellah that is impressive. I'm always amazed at the freeky looking characters that come out of your head. I think his private parts could use a bit more geometry, right now i can see some edges , barely, but if you look closely you can see them. I'm looking foreward to seeing this guy textured, keep up the impressive work!

skello
02-02-2003, 04:21 AM
ooooh!! now i see:eek:.So its Totitch you are modeling, and he's asked to have it censored. :D
C'mon Totitch it's not that bad is it?....i won't laugh honest.:)

Rye
02-02-2003, 04:28 AM
fellah when you do post it just make sure you zoom in REALLY REALLY close so we can atleast see a few pixels

chadlychoo
02-02-2003, 09:25 AM
Oh wow! I love your style! Nice cube! he he :wip: :beer:

pabbloz
02-02-2003, 09:29 AM
Bravo Fellah! your best work! and one of the best in this challenge! really! personally! :thumbsup:

Not jokes this time! you've really impressed me! :eek:

Keep with so much energy modelling!

fellah
02-02-2003, 11:15 AM
tubby,
I don't know about his private parts. I think it's the best part of the model so far ;)
I'll make a good attempt on the texturing soon when the model is done, I had in mind of texture this little creature as good as I could, or better! to try and improve my texturing skills as it was a while since I last textured anything advanced, thanks alot! :thumbsup:

skello,
yes, hihi :) he will go on vacation soon. maybe then :D

Rye,
! :D

Chad- D,
heheh, thanks :)

pabbloz,
Not jokes this time! so you have been joking all the other times then? :D
thanks alot pabblotoz, it's good to hear. I will implement his special weapon soon, the one you told me about yesterday ;)

take care

shoey
02-02-2003, 11:59 AM
haven't been keeping up with your updates in a while, too much work. Your little guy is looking really good now fellah, have you decided not to put the tail on now or are you going to add it later? also, are you going to fatten out the inside leg and bring them closer together, they look a bit far apart IMO, and possibly a bit more thigh definition.

Looking like a great lil character, can't wait to see it textured.:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
02-03-2003, 01:21 AM
Hi fellah ...beautiful model as always and i bet it is a lot of fun making it....i have just one wish...don't take the box away...i still lough with this pic:bounce:

Neox
02-03-2003, 08:25 AM
No tail? Then he is absolutely great as he is, because of his humanlike "pose" he doesn't need any tail, so great work my musketeer friend :beer:

Neox
02-03-2003, 08:34 AM
oh i found some sort of mistake, please do one division mor in his shoulder, its looking kinda strange

here's an image

Steveyola
02-03-2003, 10:03 AM
One missing segment,oh my, oh Lord,it's the end of the World as we know it.You are tough Neox,but correct.
I love the little guy Mr.Fellah,any plans for fur or hair of any kind as well? Keep it up,it's fun time with this guy.:beer:

fellah
02-03-2003, 02:20 PM
shoey,
no, I will probably not give him a tail, I don't think it will fit in with the "human" figures I gave him.
I will work more on the legs, probably not bring them closer together(well, maybe a tiny bit. it might look better if I add a bit more fat to the inside of the thighs as you said) but I will atleast tweak them and add more definitions as I've got alot of comments on that. thanks for the suggestions :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
hi. yep, I have had alot of fun making him so far, I just hope it will last until he's finished.
oh, and I might take away the box so watch out, but don't expect to see anything, thanks! :)

Neox
yes, I noticed that a 'division' was missing there at the shoulders when I made the wireframes. I will add one there for better deformations. thanks, musketeer friend :thumbsup:

Steveyola
yes, I've thought about hair. no haircut though :D but maybe a little baby hair on his head or/and some 'manly' hair on his chest :) I hope I'll get that far with him, thanks!

muckywetnoodle
02-03-2003, 06:46 PM
Nice character and kickin' model! Reminds me of the HP guy. (Dobby? forget his name). And you still have a month. Will be cool to see what you do with him.

fellah
02-03-2003, 09:32 PM
thanks alot muckywetnoodle! yes, I saw a creature from HP that reminded me of this little creature to. I hope that resemblance will disapear when I'm done with him.

I haven't been modeling more on him. but I've tried to set up a basic lighting and tried different styles.. I might go with a "baby skin look" so I don't have to paint alot of dirty texture maps :cool: but I'll see..
thought I'd share this as I probably wont be able update him in a week now, have some other stuff to finish:

nothing finished at all, just a test:
http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/Render6.jpg

I wish lightwave had a good way to do SSS.. if anyone know a good way to make it, please let me know, thanks.

ilasolomon
02-03-2003, 09:42 PM
:D hehe that's pretty amazing beauty artwork, viking! look @ that eyes friends! he already lives & breathes, even with no texture & movement. u da man anders.
with bests
Ila

Edge
02-03-2003, 10:05 PM
Hey Fellah,

Exellent model :thumbsup:
Those eyes give him a lot of character!
I think you did a great job on the proportions and I therefore I can't really comment.

Like to see how you progress, so I'll keep an eye on this thread...:buttrock:

Cheers.

CGSisdead
02-03-2003, 10:05 PM
cool render fellah.

do u use subsurface scattering on the skin ?

SirManfred
02-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Hey fellah.
Really nice stuff.

One question. The lighting effect on the skin, what is it called? I mean, it should have a name, right? I want to know how to achieve that effect, but its no use in looking if you dont know what to look for, you know what i mean?

Fett najs iallafall.

Cheers!

pabbloz
02-03-2003, 10:34 PM
Fellah!... you've killed me! :eek:

Fetus23
02-03-2003, 10:38 PM
Really nice looking render fellah...makes him look almost angelic :)..No crits right now. Just get rid of that cube, a cloth pair of diapers would be cute... :)

model upward!!!
fetus

pabbloz
02-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Euuhh... I'm a zombie now...

Sir_Manfred, the lighting effect on the skin is called Sub-Surface Scattering (SSS, as fellah says).
Fellah, I don't know how to get that effect on Lightwave, but Neil Blevins, although he uses 3D max, has good information about that: Translucency and Sub-Surface Scattering (http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_education/translucency/translucency.htm)

I come back to the tomb, now! :shrug:

fellah
02-03-2003, 11:54 PM
ila_solomon,
it's always really inspiring to hear from you my friend, thanks alot! :thumbsup:

Edge,
hey thanks, glad you like it so far! yes eyes are very important for "character". I still have alot of job to do on them before I consider them done though :)

H13,
yes well, it's not "real" sss, I tried to fake it.. but it's supposed to look like it anyway :) I'll improve it with time..

Sir_Manfred,
it's called "sub surface scattering", check out the link pabbloz provided. I haven't read it myself yet, but it looks sweet! I will have a deep look at it myself to try and make a better simulation.

Fetus23
yes, the diapers :) that was my first thought when I started this character. then that idea sorta faded away and I thoght about something more inca/cannibal/indian.. but now, with this kinda "baby skin look" I'm trying to create, it sorta fits perfect with a diaper looking thing over his noble parts, I think I will go with it :)

pabbloz
don't die from us, you are a to good guy to pass away for a think like this :sad:
oh, and the link you provided looks superb! I will read/study it in dept asap and try to make the simulation better than it is now. thanks alot!! :thumbsup:

cakeypigdog
02-04-2003, 12:10 AM
those eyes are fantastic. do you have a tute as to how you made them? wonderful work mate, he is a great little character. its good to see someone NOT making a bull knecked muscle bound beast! he is very LOTR. well done!

nibo
02-04-2003, 09:09 AM
I like this lil fella!
He looks like a nice, weak character,
but he also could be a sneaky, mean little bastard!
I think you can't trust these lil freggels!
Heheh :thumbsup:

rolhionjs
02-04-2003, 09:14 AM
Very nice skin Fellah ! It gives him a very special touch ! :thumbsup:

About SubSurfacescattering on Lightwave, the plugin G2 of WORLEY rules with this option on surface editor. In fact, by activating it in the shader options, you can change colors and different parameters of the scattering in sub surface. REally easy to use, for a very efficient result ! :thumbsup:

azazel
02-04-2003, 09:51 AM
fellah, here's little tut about SSS (from LW tutorial contest), they use free plug named Ska... I tried it, works fine, easy to use and, what's important, free (unlike G2, which is much faster, but expensive):

http://www.lightwave3d.com/contests/dec-02/winners/Tutorials/Layout/Shawn_Sapp/index.html

Could You share Your way of faking it? looks good, I need SSS too and there's no Ska for Maya, but maybe faking would do....

Carina
02-04-2003, 10:14 AM
:applause:

I love it, it's great.

It already have heaps of character! Will definitely stayed tuned with this thread!

stipen
02-04-2003, 10:42 AM
Impressive Fellah....the eyes are just awesome,excellent great!!

pS: it's the nose that should be censored:cool:

DimitrisLiatsos
02-04-2003, 01:21 PM
:bounce: Heeeyyy...arrest someone this guy fellah

he brings living people in his studio, photographs them and then posts them as 3D models....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Frinsklen
02-04-2003, 02:13 PM
I LOVE you man... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Any chance too see a more interesting pose?
Sounds kinda weird, but I really can't wait for you to get rid of that box... how long is it gonna take? :)

[edit]: I forgot to say that I find his nose too long and a bit confusing, because of the shape I guess. Just a thought of course.

Neox
02-04-2003, 02:18 PM
you have to ask, "How long will it be" :D

maybe you could give him some sort of loincloth instead of that box :)

Jeffo
02-04-2003, 02:27 PM
fantastic work! the eyes are beautiful! this guy has such character!! woooohoooo! :bounce: :thumbsup:

twinkletoes
02-04-2003, 04:59 PM
great character as usual fellah. :drool:

for some reason i'd love to see him with great big flapping hands :applause:

Ryu
02-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Argh fellah,
you are killing me right now...
I got some very indiscret question, but i'll go for it...
How do you have these eyes?? I use lw, and to do eyes usually have some sphere with a bump to catch highlight, but it has nothing to do with yours !!
And on your SSS faking, just stop improviding it, it has a lot of style already, i stared 15 minutes on your pic !!
I'm not the first who ask it, but how did you fake?
Gradient in luminosity mode? Or did you try brdf, or bssrdf ?
We have soooooooo much to learn from you,
keep on going that way master :p

dur23
02-04-2003, 09:38 PM
mine and your guy will have to have a and "eye-off" :D

As far as SSS goes i thought lightwave was the best at it....i guess i was wrong..:\

mv
02-04-2003, 11:03 PM
great! that skin! those eyes! besides you're a bastard, I seriously think you're a major artist, fellah. I've never seen anyone that can pull out such style out of his computer... :buttrock:

fellah
02-06-2003, 12:57 PM
wow, thank you all! I'm very glad you liked it. I'm sorry for not responding earlier, I've had some personal problems..
but I'll try to answer all your questions.

cakeypigdog
I don't have time to make a complete tutorial(and there are already alot of them out there for this kinda stuff), but I can give you some hints.
here's a picture of the eyemodel for this little creature:
http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/temp/Eye.jpg
the outer transparent part is the 'cornea' of the eye, it's very important to model it this way so it can catch the little specular highlight that all eyes catch, and a little reflection, this gives depth to the eye. and the eyeTexture for the 'Iris' is very important to, give it alot of time.
this tutorial looks pretty cool, check it out for more info:
http://users.tinyworld.co.uk/steven_tubbrit/Workshop/Nurbs/Eye/Photorealistic_Eye_01.htm

.::STRIKE::.
yea G2, but it dosen't have ShadinNoiseReduction, right? I use alot of areaLights so it would probably make the image(s) very grainy without adding ALOT of time to the rendering. you haven't tried OGO_Hikari have you? its cheap, and it looks like it has its own shadingNoiseReduction. I think I'll give it a try. haven't found anything else. well, 'ska' but it's kinda slow if you wanna have good quality.

azazel
yes, I've read that, and tried it. but I found it to be really slow.. if you want to get good quality will say.

about the fake:
it's nothing big, mainly it's translucency and a good backlighting that does the trick. then I've painted some areas where I wanted more translucency(ears/nose) with a weight map to control it.

stipen,
thanks, that last sentence gave me a good laugh :)

Frinsklen
I'll work more on the pose once he's finished, I promise. I might make the nose a bit more "easy to understand" to, I'll at least gove it a try. thanks for the suggestion!
oh, and don't sit up waiting for the box to disappear, once it does those parts will be covered up by something else :)

Neox
"loincloth", so that's the name for those clothes, great! it's 'loinclothing' or 'diapers' he'll be wearing, I'll see which one I choose. I have a hard time to make up my mind about that :)

gareth
yes, the handSize is a good idea! I'll try to make them really big, but it might lead to unbalance between his hands and feets, I'll give it a try though.

Ryu
for the eyese, check my reply to cakeypigdog
and for the SSS, check my reply to azazel :)

sorry for not writing a personal reply to you all, but if there's something you would like to know that I haven't mentioned, don't hesitate to ask. a big thanks to you all, really! :thumbsup:

take care

Neox
02-06-2003, 01:23 PM
i didn't know the english word, so my dictionairy told its loincloth :D

the only thing that is disturbing me bout the eyes, is the hard edge on the Iris, thats wrong, model it soft please :D
I#Ll show you how i'm doing eyes when i'm at home :)

visualboo
02-07-2003, 03:47 PM
Fellah? Are you still away from your desk?

..... bastard

fellah
02-07-2003, 11:32 PM
hey Neox, check you PM! :)
visualboo, I will come online tomorrow and look for you, I hope you and Taoizm haven't done anything yucky to the lil'B!!! :shame:

I've had a hard time trying to simulate SSS(especially on the ears).. but I'm getting closer, and it adds nothing to the rendering times, yippie! :)

a lil test:
http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/Render2.1.jpg
things I plan to fix:
the texture seams between nosejoint/earjoint,
the eyelash deformation error(s),
smooth the area between the Iris and eyeball,
add some "spots" on his skin, and bumpmaps etc..
and alot of small things.. :)

crits/comments/ideas/etc are all welcome,
take care

mv
02-07-2003, 11:43 PM
Great work fellah...he feels alive. For simulating SSS think of what's under the skin (I guess you're already doing that) I think you could add more fake-SSS on the nose, on the cheeks and less on the cranium, and on the bony zones (say that the light goes farther in the fleshy zones? I don't know how LW shaders work).
Yet it's already great. Keep it up!

ilasolomon
02-07-2003, 11:57 PM
That's what I call a true fairy tale, what a feeling in that picture!
wow...great sense Anders, & don't touch the geo of that nose! it's very special & unique! :D :)
Best
Ila

Virtuoso
02-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Hi Ho Fellah..............

Now that is one extra Sweet character. Totally mind blowing.That Lil' Bastard is sheer brilliance. What a full of life,and fun,creative,original beautiful piece of work that is. :love: :drool:

Ideas??? hmm. I think you have it well covered.But maybe I can give a small hint,maybe you can get a spark of an idea from it,maybe....?

As I look at this lil'beautiful bastard I think somehow he has no teeth,like his dentures are not in. But we all know that he has teeth,he is a ankle biter. So perhaps you can create some dentures or teeth that he has dangle from a chain or rope of some kind from around his neck. You know so when he needs his teeth for some good ol' fashioned ankle biting he just slips his teeth in. I think that could be original and fun. Well just a thought,you never know.:shrug:

Anyways,I think the World of him.Even more so then your previous great creations. It's going to be fun to seee you advance with him Fellah.Brilliant work already. Fun and speacial.See you soon,keep going,it's perfect.Including the iris,and the nose,keep them as is......:thumbsup: :beer: :applause:

skello
02-08-2003, 04:25 AM
Fellah..i think you should add some blood vessels and a slight bump map for them to the whites of the eyes....they look a little bit too smooth.
And no lion cloth!!!..he looks too cute at the moment.....leave him butt naked. that way he won't be too cutesy looking.. hehe:D

fellah
02-08-2003, 09:56 AM
m@, yes I totaly agree. the nose will get more and the cranium less. but it's hard to control where I want it exactly with this little fake. but I'll do my best, thanks for the suggestions! :)

ila_solomon,
thats a big compliment for me, it's what I strive for alot of times, not complete realism, but that 'tale look'.
I have actualy touched the nose a little since the last update, but only a tiny but of simplification, I didn't wanna change the form of it, just simplify if a little.
thanks alot ila! :)

Virtuoso
I thought I didn't have to model the teeth now, and then you come up with this.. with this.. cool idea! :D
maybe I can just add some teeth in a necklace, it might be to big with dentures. but then again, the dentures would be much funnier and more original. I will give it a try, thanks alot! :thumbsup:
ps: clean your mailbox so I can reply, bastard!! :)

skello
yes, the eyes needs alot more work as they play such a big roll in this character. if you look at the left eye(from your point of view) at the left character, you'll be able to see a little blood vessels, but I will make them travel more to the Iris, and add a little bump.

ahahaha! naked is actually a good idea! :) I've thought about it myself, but I don't think alot of ppl will "accept" it.
it would have been good for "secondary action" if I was going to animate him later on though :)
I think a diaper of some kind, old looking/lioncloth style maybe, could be cool to.

take care

azazel
02-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Absolutely cute ;)
Funny thing, but his irises are almost the darkest part of the face. Maybe U could put some gradient for self illumination (or whatever it is in LW), to lighten them up a bit. Example here (hope You don't mind little 'paintover' with dodge/sharpen tool):

http://members.lycos.co.uk/eltazar/bastard_eyes.jpg

fellah
02-08-2003, 10:08 AM
hey azazel that looks really good, didn't think of that myself. I will definitely make them lighter at the botton area, it looks much better. thanks alot for taking the time to help :thumbsup:

Fetus23
02-08-2003, 10:15 AM
looking great fellah!!.. I can't wait to see him with liver spots!! I hope you have plans for them and some teeth...:bounce: ...your doing a bang up job as usual!! He really does look fairytailish...its a very nice feeling..:thumbsup:

fetus

Neox
02-09-2003, 11:45 AM
eye_timelapsed GIF (http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/sauder/kiart/tutorial/eye_modelling.gif)

here it is :)

olivier Defaye
02-09-2003, 12:03 PM
suberb work especially the concept ,the modelind, the texturing, the lighting, the rendering..................................can t stop...........................

..............the details.................................

..........the skin................................i am crying

fellah
02-09-2003, 12:55 PM
thanks Fetus23! I'll probably add thise things you mentioned, still alot of time left :)

thanks alot for taking the time to make the timelapse Neox I'll fix the eyes for the next update, thanks alot, really! :thumbsup:

olivier Defaye hihihi :) it's just the beginning of what will come, thanks alot :)

started texturing,
http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/Bastards.Texturing.1.jpg
I'll add more texturing details aound the mouthArea, and the ears/nose(which only has a very basic teture now)
I'll also make a complete reneval of the eyes(please ignore the 'error' on the top of them', will fix that later)

texturing help, and other help are mucho welcomo,
thanks

eli-XSI-ir
02-09-2003, 12:59 PM
oh my gosh ... ;o) so sweet so pretty

stipen
02-09-2003, 01:05 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: AMAZING:bowdown: :bowdown:

mv
02-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Oh man, that's great. I dig your textures around the eyes! can't wait to see the full body! :beer:

Ech0
02-09-2003, 02:08 PM
as always you work is awsome but quick question could you post your eye map just to see your process and also skin map was curious to know if you painted the eye map or used a apic and manipulated in photoshop or what the same with the skin other then tthat it looks cool :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

pabbloz
02-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Wow Fellah! These textures are incredible! :eek: And the eyes! much better! :bowdown: :bowdown:

About the teeth... I really would love see the ones on the sketch! very funny! :)

lildragon
02-09-2003, 02:25 PM
I love it! very inspiring man, like I said competition is FIERCE!! hehe :D

salud

Edge
02-09-2003, 02:29 PM
Excellent progress! :thumbsup:
Textures look awesome. Inspiring indeed.

Cheers.

shoey
02-09-2003, 05:59 PM
as usual i am astonished by your work fellah. the textures and lighting amaze me.:thumbsup:

a little suggestion for you(forgive me for drawing on your work). You mentioned you still had work to do on the ears and if you hadn't already thought of it I thought you might be able to put some veins in the ear to emphasise the SSS(or fake SSS)

http://www.cookercare.demon.co.uk/Art/ear.jpg

Toodles:bounce:

lmc
02-09-2003, 08:05 PM
No much to say:- GOOD WORK:applause: :beer:

fellah
02-09-2003, 08:41 PM
eli- XSI- ir, stipen, lildragon, Edge, lmc, thanks alot!!! it keeps me motivated to hear that you like what you see so far, it's also very fun to hear that it inspirates :)

m@. "the fullbody" :eek: I don't even wanna think about it! :D I hope I'll get time/inspiration to texture him completely.

Ech0 hey there, here you have some shoots of the textures,
Texture Maps (http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/temp/TextureMaps.1.jpg)
(painted in photoshop, no photos)
Iris Texture (http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/temp/IrisTexture.jpg)
(found on the internet, manipulated the colors and darkened it at top a little)

pabbloz I don't know about the teeth, I wanted this creature to look more like an "old man", and therefore I left out the teeth. I might go with virtuosos idea about the teeth though, hope I get inspiration to model them :)

shoey
draw how much you want on them as long as it can help me :)
it looks really good! I planned something like that, great to see how it will look like, very nice little detail. I will add it for sure, thanks for taking your time to help :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
02-09-2003, 08:53 PM
Off the charts cool.Gollum has competition.With more time and love I think it's just way too cool for even Gollum. Pixar should send a Limo to Sweden and get your arse over to there headquarters,right away,bottomline.:beer:

Yes dangling teeth,bouncing around...when he needs them he puts them in his mouth,ankle bite time,cooool.

Hey empty your mailbox,part 2 cannot get through to you ,you bastard.Are you getting revenge on me,I cleared mine,and now your's is full.....LOL.

Keep going with this guy,he is toooo beautiful to stomp,great work.:beer::

fellah
02-09-2003, 09:03 PM
ahahaha! they only have to send me a shitty little bike. I would bike my way up to CA with grass in the weels for a job like that!! :D

I've cleaned the mailbox, so send away :) I wish they could increase the mailbox size, always seems to get full :sad:
thanks alot virtuoso :thumbsup:

SheepFactory
02-09-2003, 09:25 PM
:eek: DAYM! ,

I havent checked the thread for two weeks and look at this!

You have my vote!

/me looks at his own model and starts crying :(

fellah
02-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Sheep Factory, hey thanks alot, it means alot to me, really, thanks.
btw, I've been looking forward to updates on ug. it seems as he's the only stomper left now.. all the others putted their legs on their backs and runned as far from sweden as possible a couple of weeks ago. hihihi, chickens they where :cool:
the ug(s) are as necessary in the LOTR world as the polices in our world, you can't let these bastards do as they want! :)
enough joking :) seriously, I really hope you'll get time/inspiration to finish it. it will be fun to see, and I can make some bad 'stomperJokes' along the way :D

freddylierman
02-09-2003, 11:23 PM
That's lookin great man !

I like the character style very much.
reminds me of my brother, hehe.

keep it up :thumbsup:

Joril
02-10-2003, 12:47 AM
Good lord!!
I knew I would be in for a suprise when I would look in this thread again.
But I'm shocked!! ... with cuteness :)
Looks like Gollums harmless little brother :D

leigh
02-10-2003, 12:54 AM
Wow Fellah, that is fantastic :applause: (as always! :D)
The ears will definitely looks great once you add some veins to them, like Shoey suggested!

Stunning, superb work!!

swag
02-10-2003, 12:58 AM
the last rendering looks so nice ... that kick ass fellah - what for lighting u used? hdri? and the sss works very well for a fake - I'm curious about the next rendering :)

Mandrake
02-10-2003, 01:11 AM
:eek: This is really excellent I think your best work so far
you're good with cute characters and capturing the essence
of them.. as others said very inspiring.. I'm really inspired now
:love:
.. hmm anyone knows how to do good SSS in Maya:rolleyes:
(but it's not about sss just joking it's about talent oc)

Eman597
02-10-2003, 01:15 AM
I agree with Shoey, put some nice looking veings throughout the ears and you are set! I must say this is an exquisite character, though!!! Just add some veins, PLEASSSSE :)

RockinAkin
02-10-2003, 01:57 AM
WOW!

Might as well just end the contest now,
We have a winner!

-DivideByZero-

Ech0
02-10-2003, 08:53 AM
ok that helped alot just to see how you go about doing thinggs ive been wacthing you a long time as well as pab, stipen , nanoneen the list goes on and i think by next challenge i will be ready to unleash all that i have learn cool can't wait to see more

fellah
02-10-2003, 11:12 AM
Frederic L,
ahaha, if you can, please send some pics of him this way for texturing reference! ;)

Joril,
hihih, yes I agree, it starts to look like something gollum has farted out on a bad day :)

Leigh,
you don't have anything to crit :eek: this is actually my first texturing attempt at a head, I thought I would get some hard
crits from you on the texturing! :)
I'll check out your texturing tuts soon to, they look like a great resource and I probably have something to learn from there! :) thanks!

swag,
no hdri, just a normal .jpg image, 2 backlights for rim and to enhance the SSS effect of the ears. one parented specLight to the eyes, and one specLight for the skin.

Mandrake
wow, powerful words from a man like you! I'm honored. glad I could inspire you, I hope it will lead to another update on your character :) sadly I cannot help you with fake sss in maya, hope someone else can though.

Eman597,
yes I will add those veins for sure. they are one of those small details that adds alot to the character, I wont forget them.

DivideByZero
hehe, the competition is very "fiercy" as I heard someone say :) so I think it's far from over. I can see alot of great entries so far, and I guess they will be even better with time. so I'll have to improve it to stand a chance I think, thanks though! :)

Ech0,
glad I can be able to help, I hope to see you enter the next challenge. I will try to help you out if you do, if you need any help will say.

thank you all, it really keeps me motivated!!

twinkletoes
02-10-2003, 12:41 PM
this just keeps getting better :thumbsup:

more:eek:

Bezerker75
02-10-2003, 05:26 PM
fellah, fellah,fellah...got to say I love this little guy...I want one...anyway....looking amazing as always...I know you are probably already doing this but I would add a little color to the skin...especially around the eyes like a little blueish purple...also maybe add some sss on the nose...maybe also make the "lacrimal caruncle"(corner of the eye) a little more pinkish red....it will help define the eye a little more. I did a little paint over,not a major difference but hopefully it will give you a slight idea on what I am talking about...but really looking fantastic...would love to see this guy animated...hope I have been of some help and that you don't mind me painting over, just figured it was the easy way to show it, and if you do mind then call me a bastard and I will remove it...anyway...keep going, and :beer:

fellah
02-10-2003, 07:44 PM
gareth, heheh thanks. I'll try to get an update ready asap :)

hey Bezerker75 glad to see you around! :) those where some inspiring ideas, I love to get suggestions like that. I will take them in consideration for sure. I might not do it exactly the same, but the general ideas are really cool! thanks alot.. bastard! :)

Fetus23
02-10-2003, 07:49 PM
your textures are rock'n fellah!! :buttrock: ...Really nice work, your best yet in my opinion!!..keep it up man...let see some more updates!!:wip:

model upward!!! ;)
fetus

rolhionjs
02-10-2003, 07:55 PM
wow Fellah !!! That's really fantastic ! Nothing more to say ! Keep doing such a great work for our eyes ! :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
02-10-2003, 10:13 PM
DENTURES??? I can see him now,running wild with his dentures hanging from his neck,he puts them in when he gets hungry for some "ANKLE" ( They are in ,right?)....He is tooooo beautiful to stomp,so I will try and give another idea to help out if I can.......:drumrock:

................Instead of a box to cover the privates,or clothing,which by the way I think is not needed for this Lil'Bastard,( why cover that cute lil' bod with those ribs) I would give him a little " Fig leaf" of "Iron or metal rust".....Something LOTR style,Yes a metal Fig leaf. Just have it dangle on a ring or chain,extra large to show his massive size....;)

Anyways,top notch fantastic style and creativity,cool as can be. But you already know that,don't you Bastard........:thumbsup: :beer:

http://gobland.free.fr/skelly1[1].gif

fellah
02-10-2003, 11:06 PM
strike thanks alot man! hey btw, are you done with this challenge, you know it's still 3weeks left. you can make another(or 2 more characters! :wip:

Fetus23 thanks alot, I'm glad to have you giving me a push in the back :)

Virtuoso, hey wow, great that leaf idea is really cool!! I'm adding some indian/cannibal camouflage to his face right now. and it will fit really good with a 'leafClothing thing' down there to add to that indian/cannibal/forestBastard style I think.
but I will probably make it of real leaves, and not steal/metal. as I want him to be a "forest cannibal hunter/spy type", that kinda lives of the forest.
but your idea gave me an idea, close to yours :) thanks alot for that. I have had a hard time figuring that out, I thought of diapers, but then again that didn't really fit in into the LOTR theme, I though.. and loinClothes, but that was a little to unOriginal.. feels like it's the first thing that comes in mind, love the leaf idea though. thanks!

janhath
02-10-2003, 11:38 PM
Super yummy. What a creature.Keep going, I love him. The idea about dentures is funny too. But I think some clothes could be good instead of none.Really good model.:)

nibo
02-11-2003, 10:40 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

(as you can see....I like him a lot)
(1 crit.: Prob someone said it before, but the eye-lid looks very odd, better look at it again.)

Willem
02-11-2003, 01:57 PM
holy ... wow, thats some nice rendering you have got there...
really nice keep on going...

as said before some vains in his ears would look nice...

good luck!

Willem

visualboo
02-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Fellah.... you ROCK man. nuff said.

btw... I want updates man ;) you know my email. Send everything this time tho. I need to get an easy/workable pipeline going.

Josephine
02-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Fantastic!
Can I take him home? (and what a cute perfectly formed little bottom):love:

Edouard
02-12-2003, 09:04 AM
What a cute little fellah....he is going for the first place...

The colors in your picture are wel chosen in combination of your skin map...

Mangled Poly
02-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Simply amazing man!

TIO_MATT
02-12-2003, 10:19 AM
I AM IMPRESS!! WITH THIS CHARACTER...:)
IT HAVE A LOT OF CHARACTER!!:thumbsup:

Nick Unden
02-16-2003, 08:25 PM
wow!

Very nice work. They have alot of personality. The one thing that is especially impressive is how you make them look like they are really alive! Very inspiring. Keep it up! :surprised

ilasolomon
02-16-2003, 11:14 PM
I've just seen your 'Little Problemo' poster & images on your site, I must say I felt in love with them! :love: What were they about?? :bounce: Can't wait for your answer (I hope it is a short that you are making now!) ... I'm catched. :drool:

fellah
02-17-2003, 01:12 PM
a big thanks to you all, I'm very glad so many ppl like it so far :) sadly I have no update, yet. but I will do my best to fix that one in a couple of days.

Nick Unden,
thanks, I'm glad you see it that way. its a high priority for me, to make the characters feel real, even though they are not photorealistic.

ila,
glad you found it :) yes, I planned a little short. something like "road runner" but with the fish and this shark(and another ugly creature that I will add to my site in a couple of days)
I'll start to model a shipWreck really soon to, where all the action will occur. but it will probably take a while as I'm no expert at animating things like this, so I'll have to learn a couple of things first. but more images will pop up soon :)

NANONEEN
02-17-2003, 04:59 PM
fellah ?
how did you make his eyes ?
you must have a secret secret.........
can you share it with all the communauty ?
it will be great of the moon light shadown...:bounce: :bounce:

flamedevil
02-17-2003, 05:13 PM
AWESOME ! It was probably repeated so much time but again : I LIKE THE STYLE !!:beer:
Textures and light are great as always.

There's a lot of competition in this challenge, interesting to see who will win...

r0bal
02-18-2003, 12:40 PM
It's so damn amazing! This creature looks so real an so cute that I'm near to forgetting that it's a bastard... Luv it :love:

shoey
02-24-2003, 12:51 PM
HELLLLOOOOOOO!!!, where ya gone fellah, want to see some more of this guy:thumbsup:

fellah
02-24-2003, 11:10 PM
flamedevil and r0bal,
thanks alot!!

NANONEEN,
ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :shame:

shoey,
you don't have to wait any longer, thanks for the push :)

well, I've noticed that the quality/competition in this challenge has raised alot the last couple of days so I decided
to work a little more on the lilB.

but, I decided to change the style for them a little, at least for the challenge, to be able to add more details.. :)

I have putted your 2 great ideas in mind virtuoso and you'll see them on the "forest lilB's" in the future, after the challenge. to good ideas to waste, but they didn't fit with this outfit.

well, here it is so far(one more pose can be found on cgchallenge.com, the image got to big to upload in the forum)
http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/Render3.Small.jpg
more details will be added, I have a couple of them in mind. but if anyone have ideas, feel free to tell me, and if they are good I'll add them.

oh, sorry for the lack of updates the last week(s), I will start updating more often from now on.

take care

KingMob
02-24-2003, 11:15 PM
wow! I totally love it!

Is he a belly dancer to? cause that outfit exudes exotic dancer ;)

Definetly one of the best this challenge has to offer...and that is saying something.

mv
02-24-2003, 11:18 PM
good (and bad ;) ) to see you didn't let down. Who's this? the King of the Lil'bs? looking great! Good luck for the final run:beer:

pabbloz
02-24-2003, 11:33 PM
no no no.... :shame:
don't try to make fast updates... you will not win with or without details... :applause:

Ahaha! BRAAAVO!!! I really like! but you forgot his small transporter: a very small and spheric elephant! Ahah! :D

Really cool! hope we see a render soon :)
and I wait you know what! ;) ... I WAIT YOU KNOW WHAAT! :beer:

ilasolomon
02-24-2003, 11:40 PM
That looks very Mistique! :)

Facial Deluxe
02-24-2003, 11:54 PM
:bounce: Absolut Master !:love:

fellah
02-25-2003, 12:00 AM
KingMob,
ahaha, yes bellydancer! guess where I got most of my inspiration from :) they have really nice clothes, great inspiration source. thanks alot, I'm really glad you like it so far!

m@,
yes, actually he's the lilB's leader! :) the rest of them will be more "forest like", like the textured version. but those(or, their clothing) will be created after this challenge. I'll finish the texturing of their heads here though before the deadline.

oh, and you know that you gave me _alot_ of inspiration to work on the "lilB" again with your last images. maybe you should have waited with posting them a little :) ;)

pabblotoz
next thing on the list is "you know what" :)

ila,
you mean "Mystique"? if you did, I'm glad you did :)

Facial Deluxe
hey, great to see you here! thanks alot for the kind words :)

Gremlin
02-25-2003, 05:41 AM
wow, thats savage! :D

When do we see more color/textured renders?! :thumbsup:

Fetus23
02-25-2003, 09:13 AM
haha!!...You went for the details!! Very nice choice. The jewlery looks great!! Saving your best for the last...:)....
No crits for you you fellah!!

model to mars...

NANONEEN
02-25-2003, 10:00 AM
ahah !
hje is funny like this !
just one crit : maybe the feet is to big, pointed, we can see it with the jewel around his ankle ! we should move some vertex here, you understand ?

Frinsklen
02-25-2003, 11:07 AM
wow...

with all those jewels and stuff I think he has lost his innocence... now he looks more... mystique, as Ila says :D

Now I see the whole thing I find his arms slighty wide, and his feet (from the 3/4 back view) kind of big, too high I mean. I would have also made his fingers longer, but that's just a personal thing of course.

Looking absolutely fantastic, I can't wait to see the final. :bounce:

Virtuoso
02-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Well well...................I see you have gone another direction......:shame: ............Just kidding...........;)

I think basically any direction you head with this wonderful lil'bastard cannot be the wrong way.

I am happy you are still considering using a couple of my ideas for the lil'bastards for the "Forest versions".....Thanks for the consideration,I look forward to that as well.:thumbsup:

So what to do with this new direction???

With the teeth/dentures idea shelved until later,i quess we can still assume he has something sharp within his mouth.He has extra large ears to be able to hear exceptionally with as he does one of his speacialties...."Spy"..........He is small and quick to avoid danger when needed.But..........................................................

I believe he needs a waepon/device to aid him when needed in the hostile World of Middle-earth. I think with the exotic Hindu like style a staff perhaps but with a twist..............The twist being that the end of the staff would have a large beautiful orchid that when needed would extrude a poisonous type vapor upon the lil'B's victims/enemies. This would help it conquer even the largest fiercest beasts.The lil'B's now could stun the larger victims and all in one group carry off the victims to there cooking pots.

Well anyways it's a thought on quick notice. Large orchids go with the new style of this Lil B, plus the lil guy needs some kind of weapon I do believe besides speed, agility and cunning.:)

I really look forward to the renders,I know they will be fantastic coming from you and after seeing the last ones. I'll keep an eye out for them,so get to them Bastard,you sure have a great character here,I love him.:beer:

LucianoBerutti
02-25-2003, 01:12 PM
great job!!! fellah.... how did you built the details?? I don't have any idea, how?????? is it by poly???

it's really great.

cakeypigdog
02-25-2003, 02:18 PM
just wanna say well done fellah.
this is very very nice.
you and m@ are really setting the pace this week!
i will have to get an update up today ....
keep going mate. i got some non arty friends to check the comp out and they all liked yours the best. its the lighting and the eyes that make it extra special. your new detailing really adds something special...
well done!

Totitch
02-25-2003, 04:33 PM
Wow! Very nice Fellah!

This character fits totaly with you!
A little bastard with Women clothes! :applause:

Very nice! Hurry up man!

lildragon
02-25-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Totitch

A little bastard with Women clothes! :applause:

I don't know about your side of the world but on this side, that's HELLEVA HILARIOUS LMAO!!

*points and laughs at fellah* LOL!!

salud

Neox
02-25-2003, 05:13 PM
Bastard, your work is great! This Clothing.... AAAAHHHHH
perfect! i like that oriental design it fits very well, don't know how i could miss that :shrug:

and have fun with rigging this little bastard :D

tubby
02-25-2003, 05:59 PM
really great fellah. it totally looks different from what i expected, but I like what you did better. I swear, you got some of the most twisted and original ideas brewing in your head, great work.:)

Konic
02-25-2003, 08:56 PM
Real impressive,fun litle guy that's for sure.I like the poison flower idea from above.plus the ears and eyes are totally great.Really excellent.:bounce: :beer:

Heber
02-26-2003, 08:55 AM
this character is amazing , omg i loved that last textured render , you have my vote fellah , by far my fav from this challenge :applause: :applause:

DimitrisLiatsos
02-26-2003, 01:33 PM
:bounce: Fellah ...for one more time i will just say that u rock with one more cute little creature, superb light and texture .

Congrats !!!

fellah
02-26-2003, 06:23 PM
rayfusion, DimitrisLiatsos, Fetus23
thanks alot friends, it keeps me motivated to hear you like it.

Gremlin,
now :)

Virtuoso,
thanks, it was almost as reading a story. I can see it in front of me, the leader sneaks out and spy with his "secret weapon that will soon be revealed" and then call the other bastards that come over with the flower weapon :) it's a good idea, sadly I've got no time to make all those things for this challenge, but they will be made when I continue this project. thanks for the in depth reply, really funny reading and it gave me great ideas.

NANONEEN,
thanks dear moviestar, will be fixed(is fixed, but I'll show that model when it's posed)

Frinsklen,
good crits. I have fixed them on the "leader model". you'll see them on the next update. must pose him before show.

luciano berutti,
thanks, which details do you mean, all of them? it's different techniques for all of them, some are made poly by poly, some with SubD, some with splines.. if there's anything special you want me to explain, I'll do it.

cakeypigdog,
thanks, really positive comment, made me happy :)

Totitch,
not your own joke, to hard to be from you.. little monkey!

lildragon,
yes, it was a pretty cleaver joke. and I have nothing to defend myself with :sad:

Neox,
thanks! :) rigging! :sad:

tubby,
thanks, glad to hear from you friend, hope everything is alright with you and your new job. oh, and isn't it time to show something soon? :wip:

Konic,
thanks, yes it's a great idea virtuoso gave and I will consider it in the future, right now I don't have time to make it though. but, in the future. it's highly possible.

a texture update:
http://www.fellah.net/temp/RoME/lilB.TexturingTest.jpg
I will not texture the complete body for this challenge, the head will be enough as my hardware is really crappy right now, and I will get new stuff(including a wacon, which I can use for the body textures) in 1-2days that will enable me to paint all the maps without getting mad about the little RAM, slow gfxCard and crappy mouse.

thank you all,
take care

leigh
02-26-2003, 07:17 PM
Awwwwwwwwww cuuuuuuuuuuuuute :love:
That is totally cool, Fellah :thumbsup:

pabbloz
02-26-2003, 08:02 PM
Yess! Colors! I like colors! :D :thumbsup:
Just a critic to get myself a little more interesting... I think the vens on the ears are too evidence... make them more sutil! I think it will much better!

and about the totitch's jokes :D ... I think you should play more the games of the saga: Monkey Island.

Totitch:
A little bastard with Women clothes!

Fellah: (Choose your answer)
- Thanks for lend them to me!
- But... Didn't you tell me you felt in love with me!?
- Yes! they're your wife's clothes!
- I will break your legs!

Ahaha! :beer:

fellah
02-26-2003, 08:21 PM
thank you leigh, I'm really really glad you like it! :)

pabblotooz
thank you my friend, for the help to bring totitch down from his high pedestal a little. his jokes are getting to good, and to hard to find cleaver answers to!
I prefer answer 1. but his clothes are mostly pink ones, so.. my second choice would have been no 3! but then again, we all know totitch like boys.. so I'll go with the last one!
oh, I will bring down the intensity of the veins in the ears a little, thanks :)

pabbloz
02-26-2003, 08:27 PM
Ahahahaha! :D

1 - 0 Totitch!! :applause:

mv
02-26-2003, 08:48 PM
couldn't help saying that it's absolutly nice... that's all .

Virtuoso
02-26-2003, 10:01 PM
http://www.gifs.net/animate/eyeflash.gif........

:love: :drool: .................just a " Fantastic Creation"...............I still hope to see some more in the next 2 days if possible, along with lot's more in the future of the Lil'B's in there forest garb.

Excellent creation as always Fellah,even better than I expected,and I expected quite a bit to begin with. You sure have a speacial touch and feel for your creations as evidenced with this Lil'bastard.:thumbsup:

Well I''ll be looking for up-dates on these Wonderful lil' guys in the future,and it's been a pleasure watching your progress throughout this challenge. See you soon. Once again Excellent critter you got there,really superb.:thumbsup: :beer:

baby
02-27-2003, 01:23 AM
yoda was like this before he discovered the ring :scream:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

swag
02-27-2003, 02:08 AM
very nice rendering the fake sss is looking great (the ears have a little touch too much sss)

Grub
02-27-2003, 07:59 AM
Comical little guy, Fellah. He's got the 'Aw' factor. The head on the right looks delightfully sly:love:. Beautiful texture job, it's nicely varied.:cool: Some sun lotion would protect little guy's ears from the heat.:)

Carina
02-27-2003, 10:19 AM
Let's see...

You don't have a wacom.. so you're using your maps to make textures like that?

Madness!

I love it, although I kind of preferred his eyes as they were in the earlier stages.. I suppose they made him look very 'nice' though, and he's not really meant to be that 'nice' is he?
:thumbsup:

Totitch
02-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Ahahahahaha! Fellah! Big Bastardo!
i just can't ear things like that from you! Young little fart dreaming about B..H ! :D :D
And this Pabbloz! Working in the dark, behind Fellah! Your brother was right Pabbloz! You are a real Gallofa! ;)
Gallofa needs little bastards to execute his plans!
You and Fellah make a great chickens couple! It's time to marry!!! :D :D

10-1 for me!!!! :cool:

Oh! And yes... It's not a bad work for a young fart! :thumbsup:

Edouard
02-27-2003, 10:47 AM
I like your "verry little" Creature...I hpe to see it totally mapped one day...for me it is the number one:applause:

Frinsklen
02-27-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Totitch
Ahahahahaha! Fellah! Big Bastardo!
i just can't ear things like that from you! Young little fart dreaming about B..H ! :D
about who Totitch ?? who????!! I need to know!! :D

Fellah, I think you've darkened the eyelids way too much, he's lost part of his cuteness and now he looks dirty, even evil maybe. I also think the pupils are a bit too dark as well, but all this depends on the mood you want to achieve, in my opinion.
Looking awesome.

fellah
02-27-2003, 11:17 AM
thanks m@, great to hear that from you, you talented little alien thing.

Virtuoso 2days, YES! I thought it would end 27'th, got one more day there that I didn't know about. thanks alot for the positive comments, it means alot hearing positive feedback during the challenges!

baby what?! is this a joke from "totitch book of bad jokes"?(1 point to fellah) I dont undersatnd it, to cleaver for me :D

swag thanks, I will try to reduce it a tiny bit.

Grub,
ahaha! sunlotion, great idea :D

Carina
no he's not meant to be "nice" :) but not the opposite either. somewhere inbetween. I might change the eyes a little, actually I would have liked if I could give him some nicer highlights on the eyes, maybe from HDRI. and make them blueish/lighter again, to stick out a little from all the green/red colors. will see what I can do. have to pose the "leader" model with all his details to, will do that first, maybe.. thanks :)

Totitch did I hear something old make an old fart? it smells all the way to sweden, and it has started to rain. please try to keep them in, or go to the toilet with heavy loads as that! :shame:

*3-0 to fellah(your joke was to bad to count) remember, I make the rules in my thread* :D

Edouard thank you, I will definitely map him completely after the challenge. I really want to see that, and it wil make a good practise. I'll get my new hardware stuff, and my wacom stuff anyday now.. so I will start with that soon, but I will go at it slow. thanks for the comment!

Frinsklen
I'm not dreaming about this "B..h", but it's a good mock subject (remember totitch is from france) ;)

yes, a little evil, that's what I'm trying to acheive, a little. I'll try to change the Iris to something else, something lighter. and see if that changes things. maybe if will give him that "cute yet evil" look I'm striving for. thanks, great to hear suggestions along the way, and yours are great!