PDA

View Full Version : leather material (ctrl_shading + mib_glossy_reflections)

royter
06-17-2006, 05:51 PM
I am using a mib_glossy_reflection shader (assigned to my objkect) with ctrl_shading as a base material.
tweaking works fine until i check the reflection option in the ctrl_shading node. redndering becomes 1000 times slower.

render without ctrl_shading reflection option.
http://www.aedii.qc.ca/v2/fichiers/uploads/section_4/leather1.jpg

As you can see i am still miles away from that leather material, and i really need to play with the reflection option in the ctrl_shading node.
how can i achieve that?

Another problem, when assigning a bump to the ctrl_shading render gives black artifacts.

cpan
06-17-2006, 06:20 PM
but why do you use mib_glossy_reflection together with ctrl_shading? as far as i know ctrl_shading is using the same glossy reflection algo like the mib_glossy one so there's really no point in using these together... Just use the ctrl_shading alone :)

also, i think you have to plug a bump2d/bump3d maya node into the ctrl_shading.bump and then your texture into the bump2d.input in order to work corectly ;)

as for the leather material i think the most important are glossy reflection, a good bump/texture map and an proper environment :)

-p

royter
06-18-2006, 03:07 PM
but why do you use mib_glossy_reflection together with ctrl_shading? as far as i know ctrl_shading is using the same glossy reflection algo like the mib_glossy one so there's really no point in using these together... Just use the ctrl_shading alone :)

also, i think you have to plug a bump2d/bump3d maya node into the ctrl_shading.bump and then your texture into the bump2d.input in order to work corectly ;)

as for the leather material i think the most important are glossy reflection, a good bump/texture map and an proper environment :)

-p

Hey Yashu

tried the bump2d node, it just gave the same artifact.
i will experiement a bit more with the ctrl_shading reflections.

Thaks!

CGTalk Moderation
06-18-2006, 03:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.