PDA

View Full Version : Blendshape workflow for assymetry

tredeger
06-17-2006, 03:56 AM
I'm about to undertake the daunting task of creating blendshapes for a character's face and I've been reading the manual for the various systems in XSI for creating/editing/managing/animating with shape animation. Here's what I can't figure out:

Following the Jason Osipa "Stop Staring" guidelines, I'd like to build my shapes asymetrically, with mirrored right and left sides for greatest control in animation. What's the most efficient workflow that will also let me easily create mirrored shapes? It seems that if you were to create a shape on half of a character's face then delete the other half, duplicate it and scale it in X -1 to get a mirror, you'd really have no way of applying this mirrored result to the original base shape and have it work on the correct points. Am I just confused beyond all hope here? Thanks in advance for any help and wisdom.

mdee
06-17-2006, 07:45 AM
http://www.mattmos.com/tutorials.html

One of many possibilities.

You can use GATOR for that if you have it.

The most efficient workflow is to write a script which creates left and right weightmaps (with proper blending) for you, then connect the shape.

CGTalk Moderation
06-17-2006, 07:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.