PDA

View Full Version : Can't see the forest for the trees

RickBinkley
06-16-2006, 04:49 PM
This may seem like a really stupid question or comment, but since I am about to finish animation school, please bear with me. In the old days an animator would develop a character, then animate it. Now with 3D the animator takes the model that someone else has created and animated it.

I guess what I am trying to say here, is that an animator now doesn't have to be good with modeling, or audio. But he damn well has to be good with movements, and lighting in order to be a good animator. Maybe it is just me, but you get caught up in Ann making a great model of a 57 Chevy, or Sam who built the background of the street the Chevy is racing along, and you get caught up in this part of the industry and you loose sight of what you are doing.

But when all is said and done you are the glue that gives life to the 57 Chevy, running along some street. I hope this makes sense, it struck me today that I should be paying less attention to how something looks, and more to how it reacts in my classes.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I think I just got involved to much in the big picture.

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2006, 04:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.