PDA

View Full Version : Facial Rigging onscreen interface?

abarman
06-16-2006, 04:52 PM
I was looking for a tutorial that could explain how to make onscreen interface of controlling facial rig, In MAYA.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!!!

LucentDreams
06-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Mayas got to have one of the most unintelligent HUDS in the market, so ssadly this is typicaly done with curves to define the controllers visually, and expressions to make them work.

Say what you will about maya being better for rigging that apps like messiah and Cinema (I'd agree overal), but when it comes to making simple on screen controllers, both apps dominate.

FunkyT
06-22-2006, 11:19 PM
Check out "Stop Staring: Facial Modeling and Animation Done Right" by Jason Osipa

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0782141293/sr=8-1/qid=1151014395/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-6461360-2440625?%5Fencoding=UTF8

It's a grossly overused setup, but its really easy to set up and works pretty well. Wish I had something more original but that seems to be the way to go for HUD-type setup.

If anyone else has come across something easier or more intuitive, chime in. I'd be curious to hear about it.

NolanSW
06-25-2006, 05:53 AM
If you use Judd Simantov's fancy shamncy jsFacialWin, hud setup is a snap. Easy to use and update if needed.

So Terence, being out in Oregon City, you must be happy to hear that Laika is moving out to Tualitin? Big hiring in the next year or so. I moved to the bay area from Portland so that's why I ask. I worked at Laika( aka Vinton awhile back)

Hey, your logo on your site looks familiar.;)

-Sean

CGTalk Moderation
06-25-2006, 05:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.