PDA

View Full Version : Exploring Middle Earth- The One Ring- Grayscale

Grayscale
01-13-2003, 03:30 PM
Alright, since I was informed by a friend (points at nathan) that I should do this, I'll give it a go.

Here is my concept:

The Ring is laying on a rock as the character enters the scene from the left. He continues to walk right passed the ring and off screen on the right. A pause of action, then the character dives back into the scene, sliding on the ground. He comes up to his hands and knees infront of the Ring and starts to get abit "giddy" about seeing it. He starts laughing and raising his hands to the sky in a joyous manner. Unfortunately, he suffers a heartattack, clutching his chest and falls face first to the ground, dead.

I know, big poses..but I hope I can get this to work.

MosaFacku
01-13-2003, 10:30 PM
:xtreme: :xtreme: :xtreme: :xtreme: :xtreme: :xtreme: :xtreme:

doit.

Stephen Vyas
01-14-2003, 12:24 AM
The concept looks solid...
Let's see some storyboards :drumrock:

Cheers
Steve

BishopLynx
01-14-2003, 04:12 AM
Cool man. Can't wait to see it begin.

I wish you well.:bounce: :buttrock:

Rogue
01-14-2003, 05:28 AM
I like this concept. Great job Grayscale! I'm really looking forward to seeing it progress. Post lots of updates for us.

Glad to see you've entered something. :thumbsup:

Grayscale
01-14-2003, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys for responding. I'm currently building the low poly guy to work this out with.

Stephen, as far as storyboards, I'm not the best artist in the world...I'll see what I can do.

I'll be posting at least the character by the end of the week...and maybe (and I mean MAYBE) something animated.

See ya. Thanks again.

MosaFacku
01-14-2003, 07:04 PM
stickmen = sufficient storyboards.

:surprised

Grayscale
01-14-2003, 08:05 PM
MOTA "Once the student...now the teacher." Just kidding man. I know, I'm going to throw them up soon. Gotta get them scanned in, and you know how hard it is to find a scanner around here. :)

BishopLynx
01-15-2003, 12:37 AM
I found a room with 50 scanners and a lady dressed in white that spoke with a soft voice that evaporated quickly when the effects of the anestesia wore off and I realized that only one scanner remained unable to scan in color hooked up to a PC that resides in the corner of the 02 lab.

MosaFacku
01-15-2003, 01:15 AM
go forth and seek this scanner that hides in the ruins of SGI's history. i wanna see some stick men.

:xtreme:

Rogue
01-15-2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by MosaFacku
stickmen = sufficient storyboards.

Well crap. I can't draw good enough to draw stickmen. What do you do then? :)

Grayscale
01-15-2003, 04:40 AM
Well crap. I can't draw good enough to draw stickmen. What do you do then?

Pray.

Grayscale
01-15-2003, 08:56 PM
Alright folks. Here is my low detail character in all his glory. Now, the fun task of setting this bad boy up.

JackGeckler
01-15-2003, 09:23 PM
:thumbsup:

I think for your purposes that model will be more then good enough. Id walk next door to look at it in person, but that would take way to much effort ;)

Jack

MosaFacku
01-15-2003, 10:41 PM
if only u could strafe jump down the corridors.....

looks good grayscale.

now rig away.

BishopLynx
01-16-2003, 04:44 PM
HA! Geckler IN THE HiZ-OUSE!

Grayscale
01-16-2003, 11:41 PM
hey, I'm going on record saying that I hate setup.
Enough said.

bentllama
01-19-2003, 06:46 AM
rigging is fun! what are you talkin 'bout gray?

:beer: :bounce: :beer:

Grayscale
01-20-2003, 08:32 PM
Yes Bent...for those of you with a "push button" set up...it's easy. Unfortunately... I DON'T HAVE THAT

MosaFacku
01-20-2003, 10:48 PM
make one. :surprised

BishopLynx
01-21-2003, 02:38 AM
BY THE POWER OF GREYSCALE! I command you...to...um...to..um...to make a button! Yes! YEs! To make a button that will rule them all! YEs! A bUtTon! A pretty, shiny, round button. If I had the power to make a button I would make such a perfect button that would never stick and always say nice things while executing the desired command. Yes! YEs! I could give the button a soul. THen I could talk to the button and call it my friend and play with it. The button would protect me from the things hiding under my bed and make blueberry pancakes when I wake. Oh, my button would be so perfect and beautiful.
Then one day I suppose the button would realize it had a soul and take a stand against me after years of repression and periods of dust settling into its cracks. Oh! and probably the occasional sausage or pepperoni particle. Then the button will get stuck and cease to work at all to spite my constant pushing and pounding and screaming and crying. I'll summon Mr. Bin and request that he dipose of my poor, aging button as I dry my tears and reflect on the lose I have just suffered. My button...my poor, poor button.

Matthew

Grayscale
01-21-2003, 02:13 PM
Oh boy. Matt, you definately scare me.

Grayscale
01-24-2003, 01:04 AM
Alright, I have a small question for you guys. I have come up with a slight twist to my original idea, and I wanted to find out if you guys thought it was better then my original idea.

Original: Character walks into scene. Walks out of scene. Scrambles back into the scene on his knees and looks at the ring that is resting on a rock. He picks up the ring and gets excited, and has a heartattack. Dies without ever being able to use the ring.

New Idea: Character walks into the scene, obviously escaping a battle. Notices the ring and stops. Turns, picks up the ring and looks around to see if anyone is looking. Just before he puts the ring on, a volley of arrows hit him in the chest, causing him to fall dead and the ring to fall from his hand and roll out of the scene.

So..should I got with #1 or #2. I'll wait to here on your feedback before I go any further. Thanks guys.

BishopLynx
01-24-2003, 01:21 AM
#2 Man. Absolutley number two.

Pass sammen med antall to!

Andare col numero due!

Passen Sie zu Zahl zwei!

Aller avec le numéro deux!

Vá com número dois!

:scream: :bounce: hurry! hurry! Get it on!

Spidey
01-24-2003, 01:23 AM
Wow, that's a tough one Grayscale. Both of your ideas are great, and I'd like to see both if you have time. If it has to be one or the other, I'd go with the second idea. I think the volley of arrows could be great, plus it gives you tons of options for exactly how the character dies. And from the two descriptions, the second feels like it'd be more dynamic.

There's my two cents, but like I said either would be great, and both would be phenomenal.

-hesh out

MosaFacku
01-24-2003, 02:05 AM
lets see storyboards.....

bentllama
01-24-2003, 04:10 AM
thumbnail/storyboard them both and decide by firuring out the staging, poses, etc. they don't have to be incredible sketches, they just have to make you think about "why". why is that character doing this? why is he here? why does it look static from this angle?

DIMO
01-24-2003, 08:18 AM
I think you should go for the second idea. At least you should incoorporate the idea of escaping a battle into both. The character has then more need of the ring. also the first story would benefit from this.

Grayscale
01-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Alright, I've decided (along with your help) to work on the second idea. I appreciate everyone giving me the input. I'll start to animate today and see what I can come up with. Thanks again.

vertex
01-24-2003, 03:03 PM
2 is a good choice, let the arrows fly and the blood flow :thumbsup:

Vertex

p.s. where are the story boards :buttrock:

Grayscale
01-24-2003, 03:24 PM
(Looks sheepishly towards the ground) Storyboards? What...storyboards. (Runs and flees)

BishopLynx
01-28-2003, 06:13 AM
MAYOR

We've got to find GreyScale. There's only 31 days left till the deadline for the challenge.

MAYOR
Is there anywhere we've forgotten to check?

Clown
I looked in every mausoleum.

WITCHES
We opened the sarcophagi.

MR HYDE
I tromped through the pumpkin patch.

VAMPIRE
I peeked behind the Cyclops's eye. I did! But he wasn't there.

MAYOR
It's time to sound the alarms.

:bounce: :beer: peace

Grayscale
01-28-2003, 08:10 AM
You forgot to look upstairs. I'm chained to my instructor station! I don't think I ever leave. Could you please send some food up here?

I'm working on it..>GEEEZ. Not like I don't have MIDTERMS to grade. JERK.

bentllama
01-28-2003, 09:07 AM
31 days is plenty of time.

BishopLynx
01-28-2003, 10:16 AM
:beer: I was just stabbin' at you from the dungeon.

MosaFacku
01-28-2003, 05:34 PM
such love.

keep on him matt

Grayscale
01-28-2003, 07:37 PM
( A HUGE glare at Mosafacku) Uh huh...I see who loves me. That's fine...I'll remember that when you need help with lightwave...HAHAHAHAHA

Hairball
01-28-2003, 10:50 PM
Well, i was gonna comment on your progress grey but... you haven't done anything... you think you can stop playing online games and actually do some work? LOL, just pulling your chain man.. i think i liked the first idea better but that's just me, definately the arrows.. but maybe... OH, how about this? he stumbles inside the cave, running from a battle and he sees the ring, picks it up and gets excited and gets hit by an arrow dropping the ring, he falls... but he's still alive and gets back up again! starts limpin a little but still trying to get to the ring, gets shot again by another arrow.. but still lives and maybe a third arrow but finally when he actually grabs the ring, he gets so excited he has a heart attack and dies... dunno sounds cool to me... it seemed you needed a little more enthusiasm or crazyness when he posesses the ring.. like at least make him go into this evilish insane laughter like "I GOT THE RING!! HAHAHA" and he holds it up and when he pulls it down to put it in his finger he gets shot.. dunno ideas... hope it helps.:bounce:

Grayscale
01-28-2003, 11:20 PM
Damn Hairball..it's 15 seconds not an hour long epic. You have a problem with those. Or should I remind you of your underwater scene! HAHAHAHA

Hairball
01-28-2003, 11:25 PM
hehe, you bum! just giving you ideas man.. don't have to dig into my wounds. I still think more excitement before he puts the ring on... more anticipation.:beer:

Grayscale
01-28-2003, 11:50 PM
I know I know. I was just teasing you. Now...onto the challenge.

noktUp
02-16-2003, 02:20 PM
Sup grayscale,

Primitive scene looks good! like the idea and the tangents it could go in.
Hey, you by chance wouldnt happen to werk for Full Sail?
Any how stab in the dark!

Good-a ruck wif dat anim!

(noktUp(teenSlut))

MosaFacku
02-19-2003, 12:59 AM
where's it at?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.