PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Post, Kick animation. :P

xerxesLim
06-16-2006, 02:39 AM
Hi, this is my 1st post(personal work) in cgtalk. Hope can get some critique on my animation WIP.

This is a simple animation tht i finished in 15-20 mins.

\http://www.yuanempire.com/KIck.mov

Here the refine version, comments are welcome :scream: .
http://www.yuanempire.com/KIckv1.mov

xerxesLim
06-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Hello, anyboby here can gv me some critique?

Waiting 4 ur guys comment~!

Pin_pal
06-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Hi,

The first thing I would recommend is not rendering out the animation with all that fancy lighting, just a preview render would be less distracting. The ball movement really bugs me. I assume you're trying to get across that this is some sort of fancy future ball with an attitude? It just doesnít move realistically, it looses energy way too fast.

You should spend 30-60 minutes just getting the basic interaction with the character and ball down super tight...

I think some well thought out blocking could be a huge improvement here. Then again, Iím just doing a bouncing ball myself, so I could just be all wrong. :)

Chiko
06-17-2006, 01:29 AM
The animation of the man is super nice and fluid. The only problem I have with it, is right after he kicks the ball, it seams like he loses his fluid motion, and becomes very stiff. I'd suggest a little more arm motion, and maybe some weight shifting on his feet?

Look cool though. Might want to wait next time before rendering till it's a bit more completed. Playblasts are great for critiquing.

Alendor
06-17-2006, 02:03 AM
i would suggest adding some more settle in after he kicks the balls, he stops almoast all at the same time, and too sudden

mistasam02
06-17-2006, 04:05 AM
cool idea and style of kick! but the major thing that stands out to me is that he has 3 major poses/motions and u should really only have 2. when he raises his leg, it goes to the left, then up, then kick. i think it would look better if you had a smoother arc so it just looks like he raises his leg in 1 motion (going to the left, but smoother) ya know..

also, when u kick, your body twists the other way at the end. and then.. why is your character turning his head all the way around to kick the ball? another thing, not sure if it was said above, but the ball bounces back to the left, when it should keep bouncing to the right where it was kicked to.

lotta small things, but your animation test looks cool for a start! rendering looks great too, doesnt take away from it at all! cheers, keep it up! :D

xerxesLim
06-17-2006, 03:27 PM
appreciate for all the comment :).
After refine, i will post it again as soon as possible.

Thanks

xerxesLim
06-18-2006, 07:01 AM
Hi Pin_pal,Chiko,Alendor and mistasam02 thanks for ur comments.

I had already refine the animation base on the comment tht u gv, hopefully it will be a better version :thumbsup:

here (http://www.yuanempire.com/KIckv1.mov)

Chiko
06-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Hehe now the ball looks like it's a bit too heavy to be squishing that much. I'd add a liiitttle bit more bounce to it after he kicks it. The settle in after the ball looks great though! It's coming along very nicely!

Alendor
06-18-2006, 07:46 PM
another small thing that looks odd, when the ball travels toward the ground it seems to be going at an angle, however after it hits it bounces up, dunno if your trying to make the ball alive or just something you overlooked

xerxesLim
06-19-2006, 05:27 PM
:bounce:

I think most of the comment are on the ball, thanks i will refine and post it soon........:)

CGTalk Moderation
06-19-2006, 05:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.