PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Tutorials Specifically for Maya Beginners

usernamelolorz
06-16-2006, 12:08 AM
Hello!

I see that there's a sticky for tutorials, and have read through it - it appears that its purpose is to be a thread for the purpose of posting tutorials, so I thought, well, I have none to post, I'm only asking for some, so maybe I'd better make my own thread. Sorry if that's not the right way to have done it.

Like I said, I've been through that thread - and I couldn't really find anything for beginning 3d animators in Maya. I've got the Lynda.com set on Maya Basics, but it really doesn't touch at all animating a rigged character/object - which is the point I'm at, having learned the fundamentals of the interface and tools. So, specifically, what I'm looking for would be something like a walk-through of the basic bouncing ball exercise, with a rigged ball, just kind of showing you how to interact with a rig, how to translate your intentions into actual frames of animation, etc. Anyone know of anything like that out there?, preferably free and downloadable - but not is okay too, I guess. Alternatively, if anyone would like to help me out personally (just cuz they're so nice!), just PM me and I'll give you my AIM username.

Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2006, 12:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.