PDA

View Full Version : minotaur (is this posted in the right forum??)

morphius-ms
06-14-2006, 07:24 PM
ok I am working on models for my portfolio one of which is a dragon model, which is taking me way too long to finish, so I am putting that one on hold, I posted it along time ago got one reply (thanks Carlsden) and put it on hold because I had school projects to work on. Now it is summer and started working on it again, but it is taking me too long to finish considering I am trying to get three good models done by SIGGRAPH at the end of July. that was in the WIP:Stills forum, so I am going to try here... I hope I am in the right one hopefully I can get some more replies.

here is one that I worked on today I will probably work on it more tonight. Could I get some replies, and let me know if I should keep posting here or I should go back to the WIP forum? Now mind you I am not done with any of it this is just a start, but if you have any suggestions I wouldn't mind. Thanks in advance.

pming
06-15-2006, 06:52 AM
Hiya.

This is a low-poly character, right? At any rate, I think it's a bit too 'top heavy'. It looks like it's about to fall over...maybe enlarge the legs a bit, and make his hoofs bigger (big hands and feet make a model look more poweful).

Are you planing to add clothing/armor/fur? Keep it up!

Amit_S
06-15-2006, 11:30 AM
I hope you`re not tryin to make low poly. Hopefully this is just a block for ur model.
As Pming said the top is very heavy. So build up the legs more.

Are u going in for realistic proportions?(Come to think of it -u cant make it real cause Minotaurs dont exist;) )
I dont know what specifically you have in mind for this model but how about some huge exagerrated proportions- make the entire body bigger-but not the head and give him some muscles on his upper body. About the exagerrated body thing there was this post on 3dtotal.com about a legend about Indian Gods. It was called Indian Myth by Hells angel. Check it out if u plan you give this centaur an exagerrated look. Hell! Check it out anyway-its really great.

Do the legends about Minotaurs say they have hair/fur on their lower body? If they do then u can use the Centaurs in Narnia as a ref.

I dont like his hands/hoofs. They look more like claws. how about human hands?
Cant see his head properly.....post a close up on it.

morphius-ms
06-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Amit_S and pming thanks for the response.

I will work on making the legs bigger, I was using human proportions, but I guess I really can't considering it is supposed to be a huge creature...

As for the legends of the minotaur, it stated that it was a creature with the body of a man and a head of a bull, but I took some artistic license and gave him bull legs as well and I was going to add fur... it's kinda a sickning story...

If you are interested here is the where the story is: http://www.minotaur-websites.com/minomyth.htm

as for the hands, to make them more like a bull I did fuse the four fingers together into a mix of a hoof and a hand, the fingers will still bend but they will still be kinda sharp.

The reason that I didn't post a view of the head was because the head was what I was working on at the time and I am still working on it.... I will post an update soon.

thanks for the replies and the suggestions.

I hope to post an update soon.

morphius-ms
06-16-2006, 06:53 PM
ok here is an update, I worked on the head mostly today, and I made the body and hands and legs bigger, hopefully this will give him balance,

any C&C would be appreciated,

I will probably be working on this alot tomorrow (I'm off of work).

Well here is an update.

Thanks for viewing.

pming
06-17-2006, 02:55 AM
Hiya.

Now it's starting to come together! :) Start to get in some muscle definition and I think you'll be well on your way to a great model. Keep it up!

morphius-ms
06-17-2006, 08:59 PM
ok after working on it since 10, (it's now 4). here is what I have...

I am going to be working on UV unwrapping and textures next (and look at the fur). any C&C would be appreciated.

If you want more I can make more screen caps if you want (*if you want to look at details*)...

Though this was fun working on this, and I learned alot, I'm off for a little R&R for my day off... I'll probably work on this either later on tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thanks for viewing (and if you commented, commenting):thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
06-17-2006, 08:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.