PDA

View Full Version : Alrighty then... I will start us off on this section :)

icelord
12-13-2001, 08:47 PM
Here is the problem that I have with my video card.

I am hoping, and praying to the CG God (no, not Taron:) ) that someone knows how to resolve this.

Every morning when I try to turn on my computer, I get a beep from the motherboard that there is something wrong with my video card. After a couple of months of researching I found out that my mobo does not have enough power to initially jump start my video card. (I have 300W power supply).
I have a KT7 mobo and Creative Annihilator 2 32MB video card and I just learned that if you combine those two (or even Asus V7700), in 80% of the cases, you will not be able to turn on your computer unless you reinsert the video card every time prior to bootup.
My question is this: how can I increase power to the video card so that it has enough power to initially start up without endangering my other hardware.... ?
(I heard about increasing power in the BIOS, adding a 2 second delay to the hard drive, and unhooking the fan)

Has anyone else had this problem (or knows of anyone who did) and has successfully resolved it??

Hope to hear from someone.

Ice.

Cryptkeeper
12-13-2001, 09:31 PM
try adding more time for your hd, (3 seconds?) if that dosent work, (and i dont knoe, never heard of this) try buying a 350W power supply. it MIGHT work.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.