PDA

View Full Version : Hairy particles or mograph iteration objects?

bandini
06-14-2006, 03:52 AM
Is it possible to attach hair roots to thinking particles or mograph iterations so that each particle or mograph iteration has hair of its own that reacts dynamically?

I'm asking this in the coding section, assuming that some Xpresso is required, although if there is another solution, I'd love to know about it. :)

Multiman
06-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Is it possible to attach hair roots to thinking particles or mograph iterations so that each particle or mograph iteration has hair of its own that reacts dynamically?

I'm asking this in the coding section, assuming that some Xpresso is required, although if there is another solution, I'd love to know about it. :)

Its possible with the TDEM plugins from Remotion (it still seems to work in 9.6). A spline can be attached at one end to each particle (C4D not TP) and react dynamically. There is not a great deal of control over the dynamics but it can produce some very nice organic looking animations.

Per-Anders
06-21-2006, 09:14 PM
you could use the tracer in mograph to do this (though i've not tried). otherwise try using the connector plugin (found on the c4d goddies cd i believe) to connect the mograph objects or particles together into a single object that you can then apply hair to (there were some examples of this floating around, I don't knwo where though).

CGTalk Moderation
06-21-2006, 09:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.