PDA

View Full Version : 1st Bouncing Ball

storyForge
06-14-2006, 02:12 AM
Well... AM starts in less than a month and i've been reading Animators SUrvival kit and illusion of life and couldnt help but TRY to animate something... so heres my first attempt, ever at a bouncing ball. I"d love some crits on it so i can work it over, and then afte rmy first semester @ AM, look at it and see for myself what I can improve!

Thanks for any crits u can offer!

http://interface-media.biz/art/ball.mov [right click/dl if you can]

MrLearner
06-14-2006, 09:27 AM
One thing that I find a bit disturbing: When the ball is in squashed position I think it gets a bit to flattened.

Otherwise it looks alright and bouncy :)

Wilson-3d
06-14-2006, 03:18 PM
I agree that the squash it a little much but the timing seems nice. You can see that it has a little hang time when it is in the air.

Great idea. I am sure after a while at A.M. you will look back and see a world of improvement.

wtoddk
06-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Other than it flattening too much, it begins to flatten before it actually touches the ground.
Also, if you're going to flatten it so much, it also needs to stretch up when bouncing upwards....

Good start though

Chiko
06-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Very cool bouncy ball! I agree with the others by saying a little bit of timing would probably improve it since it wouldn't start to flatten BEFORE touching the ground. Very nice start though.

Capel
06-16-2006, 01:12 AM
yeah, the squashing before it touches the ground is the main problem. i'd also get rid of the x and z movement. just focus on the Y (up and down). that's where all the weight will be. i'd tone down the squash as well.

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2006, 01:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.