PDA

View Full Version : constant spawning

The_Magician
06-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Good evening

I am trying to create a scene where particles are spawned inside whichever part of an object is contained within a box.
So, if only a small part of the shape was inside the box, only that part would be spawning particles.

So far I can make this happen whenever a plane deflector hits the shape, but plane deflectors only pass the collision test when it touches, so I have to move my deflector back and forth continuously.

I have also tried to use a UOmniFlect and pick a box, but again, this only passes the test when the box outside touches a particle.

Does anyone have any idea's?

Thanks!

OlegB
06-14-2006, 03:55 AM
Four events deal:

1. Event01 constantly spawn particles with a Spawn operator. All new particles are sent to Event02.
2. Event02 analyses if the incoming particles are inside/outside of the box. All particles inside the box are sent to Event03. The remaining particles are sent to Event04 where they are killed with a Delete operator. The inside/outside-of-the-box testing can be done either with a) Script Test; b) PFTools:Box#1 - Group Operators and Group Split; or c) PFTools:Box#3 Icon or Object or Geometry sub-operators.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

P.S. My responce time is better at the Orbaz forum (http://www.orbaz.com/forum) - recommended

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2006, 03:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.