PDA

View Full Version : Squishy EYE rig!?!?!?!

SMWilly
06-12-2006, 10:21 PM
I want to achieve a very elastic eye rig in Maya, that im not confined to using spheres for eyes and can co-exist with my dynamic facial blendshapes/ set driven keys.

Does anyone know of a tutorial, or know the workflow and process to achive this?

any help is greatly appreciated!!!

danb
06-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Does maya have an FFD deformer? I just made a nice squishy eye for a client. The eyes needed to be deformed to odd shapes and not stay a sphere.

I used the FFD in c4d to make the spheres deform to fit the cartoon head.

forflowers
06-13-2006, 06:20 AM
i think this is what you want.
http://student.vfs.com/~m07goosh/rigging101/free/cartoonyeyes/index.htm

SMWilly
06-13-2006, 06:47 AM
DanB,

Yeah maya has something simiilar, they call it a lattice. Ive seen they eyes done with a lattice, but im looking for an alternative i guess.

Nino18,

Thanks for the link, Ive checked out that tutorial, maybe with that setup, and blendshapes, then use set driven keys to use them together as one...That might work.

Thanks guys!

forflowers
06-13-2006, 07:30 AM
That IS the lattice method. It's just using the same method as a realistic eye setup and adding a lattice deformer on top. It works well.

CGTalk Moderation
06-13-2006, 07:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.