PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

guitarplayer6516
06-12-2006, 01:05 PM
here is an animation i just did of a jump (a few of you might have seen something like this from me before, dont worry im not STILL working on it, i was out of it for a few months and decided to start over.) i think the whole process would be easier if i knew how to use/work the rig. if anyone could tell me how or send me a link that would be great thanks.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A99CE6CD5B6764C3

wtoddk
06-13-2006, 01:43 PM
looking good.... a few things that I personally would change, although it's just my style of animating:

his body (the ball part) bends way over before jumping, which is great, but when he comes back down, I would make him bend back over after already contacting with the ground
bringing his legs up closer to his body at the top of the jump
making him float in the air a couple of frames longer before falling back...and make the fall a wee bit slower.He falls really fast now.
looks good... :)

guitarplayer6516
06-13-2006, 01:45 PM
thanks man! will do.

Chris Bacon
06-13-2006, 08:29 PM
I agree with skyboysky, also the legs seem to stay together through the jump, why not have them do the splits at the top of the jump on the hold, then hold them apart til about quarter the way down...say 5 frames. then come together again for the landing.

just a thought.

chris

guitarplayer6516
06-14-2006, 01:46 PM
alright heres an update (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A5B9FC8D0DC0F1B1). (YAY i finally found out how to make a .mov render!) lol. i added some squash stretch. i'll work on all of your great suggestions next. thanks!

veerajesh
06-17-2006, 06:51 AM
Gr8

Give overlap action for leg(break symmetry) for eg. take right leg first up in the air and it has to land first.
when the characted reaching top till then his leg will be strectched whilst coming down make it leg bend
give some hold to the character when he is in air.

CGTalk Moderation
06-17-2006, 06:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.