PDA

View Full Version : convert uv sample points

daniel77
06-12-2006, 07:54 AM
hey all!

is it possible to convert uv sample points to polygon,edge,point selections. like select adjacent. This is useful for it you would like to select all polys on the -Y axis. Which is possible in the texture editor.

Chingis
06-12-2006, 06:42 PM
I've also been wanting this feature. I'm pretty sure it's not possible, but anyone with scripting skills could pretty easily add this feature I would think. Anyone want to give it a go?

Chris

nicoM
06-12-2006, 09:44 PM
netview -> mcp_ui -> selection -> Samples To Components

With this tools you can convert samples to points / edges / polygons!

Chingis
06-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Ok, cool - I tried it, but as far as I can tell it is broken in 5.1. It says it's executed by drag&drop but it won't let me drop it anywhere. Am I doing something wrong?

grahamef
06-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Drag and drop in the background of a viewport to install. You should get a new toolbar: View > Toolbars > components2samples.

If it really won't let you drag and drop then you can use File > Add-On > Install to install the corresponding add-on file (Data\NetView_Database\L04_body\content\mcp_ui\selection\components_to_samples\components_to_samples.xsiaddon).

Chingis
06-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Ok, so I got it to install but it's basically useless. It works on really simple meshes, but if you try to run it on anything remotely complex it totally hangs(like anything more than 100 polys in my case). You can see why if you look at the code - there's a bunch of loops. I wish I knew how to program. This needs to be a native command. Is there a programmer that knows of a faster way to run this command?

eman
06-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Ok, so I got it to install but it's basically useless. It works on really simple meshes, but if you try to run it on anything remotely complex it totally hangs(like anything more than 100 polys in my case). You can see why if you look at the code - there's a bunch of loops. I wish I knew how to program. This needs to be a native command. Is there a programmer that knows of a faster way to run this command?

Yes , we really need an usable samples2components ! Please !!

CGTalk Moderation
06-17-2006, 01:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.