PDA

View Full Version : Creation of favorite

Poulpi
01-12-2003, 12:57 PM
Anyone know how i can save a couple of filter with their key and expressions, to apply to another file ?

Thanks.

garverine
01-12-2003, 09:11 PM
u mean to another layer in your composition? just opened the dialog box of your filter, if u were adjust your filter u must key them, then u copy 'em and paste to the layer where u want 'em, or to the other composition, i hope it would help.

Poulpi
01-12-2003, 09:17 PM
In fact the favorite save all : keys, expressions...

i was too tired when i test it so...
sorry ;)

froggyplat
01-12-2003, 10:30 PM
i think...

make a copy of the layer you have the filter/expressions on. alt-click-drag the new file from your projects window over the copied layer, and it will replace the footage with your new footage.

dg
01-29-2003, 03:32 AM
Just select the fx in the fx tab and save as a favorite, that will save all the fx parameters and keyframes that you used in the layer.

At least it works this way for me!

See Ya!

abd
01-29-2003, 07:11 PM
Yes I agree. The save favorite function of AE is a great time saver. Select the effect (the name) in the Effect Controls window and from the Effect pulldown menu select Save Favorite. It will save your effect (keyframes and all) as a .ffx file. I freelance and without the luxury of a completly customized workstation, bringing a library of effect favorites saves me lots of time. When you are ready to apply the effect, simply select the layer in the timeline and select Apply Favorite from the Effect pulldown menu.

One other time saver tip: you can select multiple files in your timeline and apply the effect simultaneously.

Hope this helps!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.