PDA

View Full Version : Duplicating object hell

chx
06-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Hello,

I'm very new to vue, some days ago, a very urgent project with tons of vegetation let me no
other option than vue, well I was told to use it by my boss, no other way...

So I powered it on, I have to put trees everywhere, but when in top view I duplicate them, in side view the tree didn't stay right on the height axis...

Seem a tiny trouble but I lose so much time adjusting that, any help to duplicate object would help me a lot... Scenes are very heavy and believe me it's a pain...

Moreover aren't there any array tool in vue ?

Thanks in advance

JuanManuel
06-11-2006, 04:44 PM
If it is vue infinite, use the ecosystem. By far the easiest way to populate anything. You should check out the flash tutorials in e-onsoftware.com (the creators of vue), they explain the basics of most everything.

MT-Cup
06-11-2006, 05:13 PM
A lot depends on what version of Vue you are using.

If you have Vue 5 Infinite, then as JuanManuel states, ecosystems does the work for you. Just remember you can not ecosystem an infinite plane.

There is a button to drop things and you can select multiple items and drop them together if you're having issues with things staying on the ground plane. This is available in all versions of Vue 5.

http://www.villageidiot.org/pics/drop.jpg This is the drop button

http://www.villageidiot.org/pics/worldview.jpg This is where you select items to perform actions on. The second tab in this section is also where you work with the ecosystems in Vue 5i.

Hope this helps.

MsLin
06-12-2006, 12:54 AM
And if you're not using V5I, use the Scatter/Replicate function.

Lin

Wabe
06-12-2006, 06:57 AM
and if you use the scatter/replicate function - do it high in the air (z) and use the drop to ground button!

CGTalk Moderation
06-12-2006, 06:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.