PDA

View Full Version : Easy "Specularity as alpha" question

Mic_Ma
06-11-2006, 10:50 AM
This has got to be easy, but I can't figure it out:

I want to use an image as texture, but only in a custom-made specularity of the object.

So, basically a normal diffuse texture, but with the specularity as a mask.

(I know I can connect an image to specularity color, but I want to control the masking seperately from the actual specularity. So, use another Phong-material to adjust the size of the mask)

-------------

Another shader question:

If I wanted a texture to effect just Hue, how would I go about doing that? I can extract Hue channels with the Pick_Channel shader, but they are outputted in grey only.

I would like something akin to Hue-layer-mode in Photoshop.

:thumbsup:

Rens
06-11-2006, 08:41 PM
1) I don't know what you mean by this, could you explain a bit more?

2) See attachment. It probably could be done in an easier way but this works.

Mic_Ma
06-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Thanks, I will try that.

Whth regards to the 1st question. see attached image. I am trying to make a iridescence shader and I want to control how it shows up on the bright parts of the object.

I am searching for a good way to make the effect show up on the brighter parts of the material, without that the colors are weakened by the specularity... Connecting the effect as specular color will just wash it out. If connect it to the reflection it is very weak...

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2006, 10:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.