PDA

View Full Version : need help RPSolver

osamu
06-11-2006, 11:14 AM
does anyone know what decide the initial polevector direction when RPSolver is applied? look at my feet rig, the left one just points side ways, i set the preferred angle already. sure i can adjust the preferred angle manually, but that'll twist the toe, i have the same problem with the arm setup as well. pain in the ass :banghead:

silversix
06-15-2006, 05:38 AM
I always use a nurbs curve to control the direction of the pole vector, using a pole vector constraint. Have you given that a shot?

Looking at your pictures... Any reason you need an RP solver in the feet?
I usually see RP solvers in joint chains longer than 2 joints. That way you can orient the middle joint, like a knee or an elbow, by using a pole vector constraint. It looks like your IK is ankle->ball... so I would think an SC solver is better.

RP is great for an arm setup. If you draw the joints with a slight bend at the elbow, it should bend correctly automatically without setting the preferred angle. Then you can aim the elbow using a pole vector constraint.

:)

osamu
06-15-2006, 11:08 AM
when i was reading ur reply, i was asking myself the same question, "y the hell was i using rpsolver..." i feel so stupid, thx for the help, lol, obviously the main reason is i used the wrong solver...

CGTalk Moderation
06-15-2006, 11:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.