PDA

View Full Version : Tracking-comping Essay

marioucci
06-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Hello Artists,

I did a while ago but never showed here. Its a simple test of tracking and addition of 3d on top of live action. The model is my wife, Caroline.

Softwares used:

PFTRACK - amazing to track 3d geometry.
Zbrush - for the hole in the forehead
Digital Fusion - comping the passes and addition of grain.
XSI - for everything else.

The link for the Quicktime, click on image:

http://www.cgsalad.com/images/cc0101.jpg (http://www.cgsalad.com/upgrade_mode/caroline_01.mov)

Thanks a lot for viewing guys.

Mario

Silverwing
06-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Very short... but very good!

I like it!

foane
06-11-2006, 10:49 PM
not much to say except that it's almost perfect!

could you explain us your work method?

cheers

marioucci
06-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Hello Guys,

SILVERWING, Thanks a lot man. it is short indeed:) Ive been doing a lot of those lil tests with live action so I focus on setup rather than rendertime but its a lot of fun. thanks a bunch:)

FOANE, Thank you very much!!
I recorded the footage in a dv cam, put it into digital fusion for a bit of treatment and then exported the footage to xsi. then i built a simple mesh for the head based in the first frame and sent it to pftrack.. there i tracked the geometry into the footage and sent it back to xsi. Next step was to light it to match the environment and then sent off to Zbrush for a bit of detailing. then it was DF again for comping the passes and adding a matching grain.

Thanks a lot for viewing this mates

saludos

Mario

foane
06-14-2006, 02:55 PM
thanks for the reply mate, it's always nice to hear someone's work method

good luck and cheers,

Foane

SimonReeves
06-14-2006, 04:28 PM
nice one Mario, cool to see some wee tests like these :) Something I'm quite fond of trying to do meself

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2006, 04:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.