PDA

View Full Version : pls critique my work

mandeep
06-10-2006, 11:55 PM
guys plz critique my work this is my first post . well i'm a self tought animator this clip will eventually be my part of show reel, this is done in maya 6...

here is the link : http://www.4shared.com/file/1995224/a68185ed/ch-10.html

cheers
Mandeep

rickmann
06-11-2006, 05:59 PM
hey mandeep, not too bad of a job for your first post! But it sounds like the guy is trying to catch his breath sometimes. Maybe if you had him bending over betweens breaths it would make it a little more conveincing.

mandeep
06-11-2006, 06:32 PM
hey thanks for the reply ... but if you can elaborate abit moore on that would be real nice !!!

cheers
Mandeep

rickmann
06-13-2006, 01:23 AM
hey thanks for the reply ... but if you can elaborate abit moore on that would be real nice !!!

cheers
Mandeep

sure! one example is after he says something like nayday (between seconds 2 and 3) he has a little bit of follow through motion like he is trying to catch is breath but not enough, his head and neck should kinda of bend forward then back like you would do if your trying to take a deep breath. It seems to me that if you could visualize this scene, that just prior to the actor stopping to say everything he was chasing somebody after he was running after him. He came to a quick stop and started talking all the while he was also trying to catch his breath. So if you acted this out in the same way and video taped it you would probaly start talking then stop for a quick second bend over slightly from your torso and take a deep breath and this would cause your neck and head to have a follow through motion. Hope this helps!

mandeep
06-13-2006, 06:29 AM
hey thanks man i will do the changes as u said ..................

cheers
Mandeep

freakmoomin
06-13-2006, 06:42 PM
hey

i think this is quite good.

if he is supposed to be reading from his hand then i would give him a lot more eye movement like hes reading.....

and im not sure about the last section "what did i just say". i think it would be better if he was kind of speaking to someone behind him/off screen.

just personal opinions tho.

good work

rickmann
06-14-2006, 02:57 AM
and im not sure about the last section "what did i just say". i think it would be better if he was kind of speaking to someone behind him/off screen.

just personal opinions tho.

good work

I would agree on that also!!

mandeep
06-14-2006, 05:40 PM
hey i was going to add one more char. bt as this is the first 15 sec clip it proved to be alot of work ...... i m glad i m able to pull this off nd will add another char how about generi rig it has alot of facial expressions ..............

cheers
Mandeep

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2006, 05:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.