PDA

View Full Version : Rigging a chest using biped/physique?

digitalputty
06-10-2006, 10:15 PM
:banghead: I've been bashing my head against a wall trying to figure out how to rig/skin a womans chest in 3DSM 8 using Bi-ped & Physique (required for class to do one Biped/Phsyique & one Bones/Skin). Ive been typing in weights and using the envelope tool but it never works ... the breasts keep getting squished when I rotate the spine forward & elongated when I rotate the spine backwards. Is there a tutorial on this anywhere (checked here and 3dtotal) ... or, just some help on here would be super-dooper. :D

Thanks!

MOSS
06-10-2006, 10:50 PM
I would suggest using skin instead of physique. It is much easier to weight, and in my opinion alot better. I know Sandeep says to use Physique, but how much can he complain since skin works with biped, when I had his class he never even told us that. I would go with skin and see how it works. If you want you can send me the file cr_moss@hotmail.com and I could take a look at it for you.

digitalputty
06-10-2006, 10:55 PM
lol

That really creeped me out that you said/typed Sandeep. LOL.

Will he let us use Skin instead of Physique for class? :O

I might try skin in a bit... :P

MOSS
06-10-2006, 10:58 PM
I did it, my girlfriend did it, and I know a few others, he didn't say anything. And since it works, why not do it? Its an animation class anyway right?

digitalputty
06-10-2006, 11:01 PM
The assignment is for Character Animation ... so, the class where we learned how to use physique and skin, etc. :\

MOSS
06-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Yeah I know, It just bothers me the way he teaches that class. I mean it should be called Character RIGGING not Animation, or the class should be split in two. And I don't understand why he is so in love with character studio, especially Physique. But I guess there's really nothing we can do about that. It just bothers me when I see so many students struggling with CS all quarter when they thought they were going to get to do some character animation.

digitalputty
06-10-2006, 11:20 PM
Yeah it should be called something else.
Im trying to use Skin right now instead of Physique ... ha! I forgot how to use it. :( Oh well ... Ill figure it out.

digitalputty
06-10-2006, 11:58 PM
So I know for later ...

How would you rigt the breasts to 'bounce'? lol. I would assume bones would be added to the breasts and skinned like other limbs? :D

MOSS
06-11-2006, 01:06 AM
Yeah, that's the easiest way. You could also automate the bounce by using spring controllers, flex modifiers, or even reactor. But hand animating it would probably work best.

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2006, 01:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.