PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on getting started

guitarplayer6516
06-10-2006, 08:42 PM
hey guys, i would like to get into 3d animation and am not sure where to start. I have maya 5.0 and have very basic knowledge of it. Does anyone have any suggestion on what could get me started or tell me what i need to know about the program to start animating. Also if theres like a little plan someone could set up for me (nothing elaborate, just something like "start with this exercise, after that's done, do that and then do that exercises) also, any tutorials that could help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

stewartjones
06-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Do a search on these forums for some awesome information, you can't go wrong! :thumbsup:

Also, pick yourself up a copy of 'The Animator's Survival Kit' by Richard Williams. It has a ton of stuff about animation in there, and it's an awesome way to start learning.

If you're interested in animation courses, I can't speak highly enough of AnimationMentor.com!

guitarplayer6516
06-10-2006, 09:03 PM
could you give me some specifics (about looking in the forums) also, animation mentor is really expensive (im only 14! lol) but i do agree i would give anything to take a lesson from those guys. I've also heard about that book so i probably will look into it. Anything else? tutorials?

skumaran
06-12-2006, 05:28 PM
jus t try to find another book called timing for aniamtion and try to watch more cartoon movies and collect information abt character aniamtion and inorganic particle animation.and most importantly try to gather information abt the thing that happens around u especilay different kind of action by different people.this will make u as a prominent animator.

skumaran

guitarplayer6516
06-12-2006, 05:37 PM
alright then thanks for the comments! i guess i'll just study a whole lot more and something good will come of it.

muniraj
06-23-2006, 02:08 PM
As u been interested in 3D my advice is to watch whole lot of animated movies,
2D as well as 3D , their is a DVD also by Jeff Lew(quite interesting),and check out the
Max as well as Maya forum in CG , they are heaven place for all CG lovers.

And soon u will be at a fine edge of animation.

---------------------------------------------
START WITH SHIPPED TUTORIALS WITH MAYA.
---------------------------------------------

learning is a continuos process.

best wishes

CGTalk Moderation
06-23-2006, 02:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.