View Full Version : portraits / vahn06

Vahn
06-10-2006, 07:12 PM
im working on a double portrait atm
there will be 2 guys and a dog on a leash in the end

heres a first wip:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/Vahnin/wip1.jpg

if i can i will post the ref later

It is still in a rough stage ... i want to implement a lot more colors. Im working with ps and i want to give this an oldschool painterly look when im done. Its not that easy because i cant paint that well but i think i can do some finishing tricks with artrage.

Any critique would be very helpfull espescially regarding color and mood so far

I will post the next wip soon

Squibbit
06-10-2006, 07:28 PM
i'd remove the neck altogether

the head could be more round then

Vahn
06-10-2006, 07:52 PM
what ? i mean....what ? :)

you crazy man! explain :D

good to here from you tough ... havent seen you in a while ... i think its time we have our tea party battle soon :rolleyes:

Vahn
06-10-2006, 10:02 PM
heres a little update ... the texture will be removed:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/Vahnin/wip3.jpg

gotta do a little more sharpening on the left face ...and some more color & brushwork on the right. The lips and eyes are not good yet...

Squibbit
06-10-2006, 10:11 PM
man u said any comments would help

oh well, i'll explain

if like in place of the neck would be this cavity where the other
tongue would rest, sorta like ant lion in its little pit, and it would rotate
the head around when needed and pass food on n stuff.
It could even toss the head up for a couple of feet and then catch it
and there would be a little trapeze in the throat of the head for the
tongue to hold on to when the person was upside down or moving around
much

audit
06-10-2006, 10:17 PM
i have no idea what squibbit means either...i'm just confused

i like the look of these two so far. anatomically i feel the left hand guy is more settled than the right; he seems to have some outlining still, and the planes of the face around the nose don't appear unified in terms of value and hue yet. I think the right-hand man is looking a bit monochromatic - more variation in the tone could help liven the skin up. I just wonder if you're going in a bit too hastily with the details. I would keep it more general, for example the lips look rather overworked. You can also save a little on the highlights; it's very high key at the moment, which is fine, but it may be more effective to keep your highest lights for a more restricted area of the forehead/chin/cheek. :scream:

Vahn
06-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Squibbit: aaahh....now i get it ...wait...no i dont... maybe you could do a very detailed overpaint and make your point more clear:p I mean the idea sounds great...with "sounds" great i mean ... if i read out your words aloud it is kind of pleasing to the ears. mhhm i wonder ...maybe if i put the other tongue in the ear ..it could come out and scoop up the eyes and hold them to the back of the head so he could see whats behind him ... now that would be something! :D :applause:

Audit: hehe thank you audit ... you got some good points there .. thanks it makes it easier to go on when you help me see. I think im too hasty because the image is split um into different parts ( it has to be high res for printing ).. if i cant see the whole i tend to go into detail too soon :)

thx good critique is always welcome as one tends to overlook things when working too long on something

:arteest:

Squibbit
06-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Squibbit: aaahh....now i get it ...wait...no i dont... maybe you could do a very detailed overpaint and make your point more clear:p I mean the idea sounds great...with "sounds" great i mean ... if i read out your words aloud it is kind of pleasing to the ears. mhhm i wonder ...maybe if i put the other tongue in the ear ..it could come out and scoop up the eyes and hold them to the back of the head so he could see whats behind him ... now that would be something! :D :applause:

only girlies can put tongues in dudes' ears, otherwise it's sick hey

anyways , easy enuff lookin around this way too eh? :

http://www.saunalahti.fi/panuom/VahnPic_01.jpg

Vahn
06-11-2006, 08:16 AM
ehehehehe :D

youre right its easier that way ... the other way i could put in some girlies tough ... mhhmm...ill ask my clients if thats ok with the tongue. maybe they like it :)

Runecaster
06-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Sorry Vahn to just bust in here but, Squibbit, you are insane! LOL

I like your renderings so far Vahn :) Will be keeping track.

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2006, 11:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.