PDA

View Full Version : Art Tablets . . .

Zanith
01-12-2003, 06:14 AM
Hi folks!

I am looking into getting a tablet and I would like to know what you guys think is the . . .

Decent/Recommended size
Brands

Thanks for your helps guys!!

Sieb
01-12-2003, 07:54 AM
wacom.com
I have a 12x12 tablet and love it.

kwshipman
01-12-2003, 08:33 AM
Are you going to use this tablet professionally or for hobby?

Is precision and extreamly realistic feel really important(do you have a good traditional art background)

How much do you want to spend?

If you were to draw on a peice of paper, how big would you want it to be?

If you are looking for a professional, precise tablet that you can controll like any traditional medium, then you are looking for a Wacom, no question. They may be more expencive but are worth the extra.

If you are looking for some thing to fool arround and to make your texture painting, 2d drawing a little easier, you can probly get away with an Aiptek or similar.

Size is totally based on your preference. How big of strokes do you use and how much desk space do you have?

So in a nutshell

Wacom: better controll, more levels of sensitivity, better "feel", Better support - More money

Aiptek - not as much sensivity, not as good support - very inexpensive

Zanith
01-12-2003, 09:26 AM
I intend on using it both for hobby and professional. I have been looking into Wacom, and I think the price is worth it. Thanks for the help!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.