PDA

View Full Version : Geforce 4 ti 4200 dual monitor question?

gabe28
01-12-2003, 04:46 AM
This may be a dumb question but here goes:
How does dual monitor support work on the current Geforce 4 cards? I've looks at a number of them online that are listed as 'supporting dual monitors' but the pictures only show one monitor output and another output that I don't recognise (possibly for TV out or for LCD monitors?).

Anyway, I currently run dual monitors using a Geforce 2 GTS AGP card and an older PCI card. I'd like to just switch to a single card setup while upgrading to a better performing card.

Specificly, I'm looking into the Geforce 4 ti 4200 cards. Can anyone explain the dual monitor workings and perhaps give me a good recommendation for a particular card. Thanks.

biotron
01-12-2003, 05:05 AM
Hi Gabe,

I am currently running a dual monitor setup at home from an Asylum Geforce4 4200 TI with no problems. The second output port you say you don't recognize is probably the DVI output. The card I have came with an adapter so I can use my second monitor with this port.

The Geforce cards use monitor management software called Nview, which aids with the dual setup.

So far, I'm very pleased with the Asylum Geforce4 4200 TI.

gabe28
01-12-2003, 05:09 AM
Thanks. That was a quick reply. I had a feeling there was an adapter or something for that second port. Your reply confirms it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.