PDA

View Full Version : Rigging Question- object stays stuck to IK and distorts

paperfish
06-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi.. iam completely new to rigging... iam trying to rig a simple bird. i rigged the object and created and linked controllers.. but when i move the master controller the object is still attached to a few IK and the object twists and gets distorted!

my way out of this was to do the wing animation and then group everything.. and then move the object! iam sure this is not the right way! any suggestions and help?

thanks

joconnell
06-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Before you start animating, link the ik handles to the master controller so they move along with it.

paperfish
06-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Thanks for helping! iam trying it out .. but it still seems to go all crazy! will do some relinking and maybe post a file up.. thanks again!

joconnell
06-11-2006, 11:32 AM
If you've heard of gimbal lock then you're probably getting that - If you parent one object to another and the child object goes nuts its probably because the rotation of the child is very different to the parent. you can normally fix this by aligning the rotation of the child to the target object before parenting, or using the freeze transform command (alt + right click, freeze transform) to reset the child objects rotation before you parent it.

paperfish
06-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Aaahhhhh.. that sounds possible!.. ok will try it! thanks :)

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2006, 04:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.