PDA

View Full Version : 2 bump maps

ZenTarzan
06-08-2006, 07:26 PM
i have a sand material with a bump and diffuse. i need to put a second animated bump map (of a drawing being made in the sand) ontop of this, with a seperate mapping, . i dont want a mix node right? how do i plug a second layer of bump into my shader.. without effecting the look of the original material on the sand?

Stoehr
06-09-2006, 02:35 AM
I believe what you need to do is keep your two images in RGB space, which will allow you to blend using a mix2colors node, then convert it all to vector space. This is explained very clearly by Kim Aldis. Watch this clip:

Kim Aldis Series
Bump Mapping

In this video you'll learn techniques for using both 2D image textures and procedural textures as bump maps. You'll also learn how to mix bump maps together, both in vector space and in color space. [Oct 14, 2003]

LINK (http://www.softimage.com/education/learning_resources/tutorials/default_v50.htm?sorttheme=1)

mr Bob
06-09-2006, 03:12 AM
Use a vector math vector node and set it to input 1 plus input 2.

B

Benr
06-09-2006, 12:28 PM
If you're interested in trying zbump, it can take two inputs.

CGTalk Moderation
06-09-2006, 12:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.