PDA

View Full Version : Animation Clips/Repacing Geometry/Assasinating Clients

number2
06-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Help!!!

Ive been doing some animations involving Words that are animated and jump around (not the most stimulating of projects but then i wasnt the AD on this one... hold on, i never get to be the AD :(

Anyway, in their wisdom, the client turned up today and decided the letters shouldnt be "capital letter" as we had decided at the start of the project but the should be "little" letters :'(

So, these words are rigged using the biped guide from XSi, my question is what is the most efficient way of replacing the geometry? Ive tried saving out the animation as a clip but when i bring in the new model (which has the exact same biped rig) it wont "link" up or if it does it goes crazy i.e bits of model flying off in random directions, the orientation is screwed etc

What would you guys suggest, and while im at it, what the hell happened to Reference models???

Thanks
I'm stressed
number2

CGTalk Moderation
06-08-2006, 07:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.