PDA

View Full Version : EXPOSÉ 4 Starts Shipping Next Week!

Leonard
06-08-2006, 12:50 PM
The fourth annual book showcasing the world’s best digital art lands next week in our warehouses! Pre-ordered copies will start shipping worldwide as soon as the books arrive.

EXPOSÉ has already received RAVE reviews:

“I look forward to each new edition of EXPOSÉ, the artistry found in its pages is truly awe inspiring. It is an incredible collection of the very best in digital arts.” Rob Coleman, Animation Director, Lucasfilm Animation

http://leonard.cgcommunity.com/cgtalkannounce/2006_06_08_expose4.jpg (http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/expose4/)

We need your support!
I can’t stress enough the importance of our books and how they help to finance this community. If you haven’t already bought a Ballistic Publishing book, please buy one now. You won’t be disappointed!

We started publishing books in 2003, launching Ballistic Publishing in order to finance CGSociety. We’re no ordinary website or forum – the CGSociety gives an incredible amount to the community with news and articles, forums, portfolios, challenges and more. Advertising sponsorship and memberships only pay for a fraction of all the staff and overhead costs in running a community of this size – the largest dedicated to CG in the world! Let’s not forget that we’re here because we make the world’s best digital art books and you buy them!

Buying a Ballistic book benefits everyone – you’re getting the best books on digital art ever produced, and the proceeds go directly into financing CGSociety so that we can continue developing and running this community!

If you don’t know where to start, the EXPOSÉ books are the annual showcase of the “Best of” digital art. If you’re looking for the best CG educational titles, take a look at the d’artiste series. D’artiste: Character Modeling, Matte Painting and Digital Painting are all master class titles with some of the world’s best artists authoring each title.

So…with the release of EXPOSÉ 4, I’d like to encourage all of you that use and enjoy CGSociety, to please chip in and get a copy of the book. You’re not only getting an incredible book celebrating the world’s best digital artists, you’re supporting this community so that you can continue enjoying it in future.

Support CGSociety – buy a Ballistic Publishing book (http://www.ballisticpublishing.com)

Best,

Leonard Teo
Founder, CGSociety

PS: The image on the front page plug is Healing, by Hyung-jun Kim (Korea). He used 3ds Max, Brazil r/s and Photoshop. This image won the Excellence Award in the Portrait (Rendered) category of EXPOSE 4.

http://leonard.cgcommunity.com/cgtalkannounce/2006_06_08_healing.jpg (http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/expose4/)

loocas
06-08-2006, 03:24 PM
I've bought TWO already!!! :buttrock:

Can't freakin' wait!

To those who haven't bought anything yet, dudes! you really won't be dissappointed! I guarantee it! :thumbsup:

coCoKNIght
06-08-2006, 04:00 PM
I'd buy all books if I had the money. But until then I'm happy with my d'artiste books :)

Velinov
06-08-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm waiting my copy, already! :)

Cheers

enygma
06-08-2006, 05:22 PM
I had received the Limited Edition this week. Love the prints that it came with. Thanks.

Love the Exposé series.

loocas
06-08-2006, 06:03 PM
I had received the Limited Edition this week.

How come?! :cry: You've got them already?!

:cry: :cry:

I want them too! I had preordered the super-mega-turbo-pre-order but haven't received anything yet... :shrug:

Ah well... will have to wait a bit longer then ;)

enygma
06-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Dunno why I got mine first compared to others. I got my shipping notice earlier last week. I thought they just started shipping out to everyone already.

I was actually kinda surprised that I saw this thread saying they were shipping next week. I had preordered my limited edition (same print number I had the past 3 LEs) around easter.

unwrap
06-08-2006, 08:51 PM
It takes exactly two weeks to reach me. I can't wait too :D . You guys will receive it earlier than me, so until I receive my copies you have my envy :) .

squidinc
06-08-2006, 08:55 PM
ordered one a while ago :)
my first book from here, and hopefully not my last

Leonard
06-09-2006, 12:08 AM
For those wondering why some have their books already and others still don't -- the Limited Editions that were pre-ordered when they first were made available were airfreighted to customers. The rest of the books are landing in our warehouse and will ship next week.

Best,

Leonard

Matariki
06-09-2006, 01:39 AM
I've preordered a while back and can't wait to get it. This will be book number 7 from you guys. Every one is exceptional quality and I can only recommend them.

Cheers

loocas
06-09-2006, 08:29 AM
For those wondering why some have their books already and others still don't -- the Limited Editions that were pre-ordered when they first were made available were airfreighted to customers. The rest of the books are landing in our warehouse and will ship next week.

Best,

Leonard

Aha... :) I thought it was the LE books only... ;) Thanks for clarification...

conceptx
06-09-2006, 08:47 AM
I would love to own them if I wasn't broke... but soon am sure everything will be fine and I will get my self some Exposes ;)
thanks for the update

Thaldir
06-10-2006, 07:32 PM
After seeing Exotique I placed an order for a few other books, can't wait for all of them to arrive.

BTW, Exotique's shipment was incredibly fast, you've very happy costumer here.:thumbsup:

Panzeroth
06-11-2006, 05:02 AM
I just ordered the my 4th (Exposé4), 5th (Elemental) and 6th (Elemental2) books in my collection but have a question:

I put this in the "additional notes"
Due to my current work situation I am not living in Norway (my mail address is in Norway but they send it automatically from there to my workspace) so if you have anything to do with the 25% tax that my beloved home country add to everything I buy when I reside there, please state on the package or order or something that this fee is NOT going to be added. I'm sure some people in the Norwegian post office are aware of this but you know "just in case". :)

If anyone could give me a quick answer I'd be beyond grateful. Thanks in advance!
-Knut

DorisDay
06-11-2006, 04:55 PM
I own 6 Ballistic titles & must say I've never been dissapointed, E4 looks like another great one...

MIKECORRIERO
06-11-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm waiting for my copies, I bought one for a family member, glad to hear that they will be shipping soon, can't wait! :)

Aldarion
06-11-2006, 06:34 PM
I've already got Expose 1,2,3 in the hard cover version, can't wait to get this one too. For those of you who still aren't sure whether it's worth...IT DAMN IS !!! The best books I've ever bought, highly recommended. And if a student like me from Slovakia can get them, you can too, no matter where you live.
And to Leo and all the staff behind CGSociety : THANK YOU.

brazz
06-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Hi too bad I cant afford all the books in the ballistic I want, if I could I would get them all, they all great. I do have the Elemental 2 book, havent been disapointed, great print and works!!

youngpaddy1
06-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Got my special edition at the end of May (me 7th ballistic book) can't stop flicking through it, a beautiful book and a fantastic service you lot provide.

Still need to get a hold of the first exposé now that I can afford it.

complete
06-13-2006, 02:02 AM
That image, (http://leonard.cgcommunity.com/cgtalkannounce/2006_06_08_healing.jpg (http://leonard.cgcommunity.com/cgtalkannounce/2006_06_08_healing.jpg) ) is amaizing!

Are there graphic artists here who can pull off something as good or simular?

Or maybe I can contact the person in Korea to see if he can volunteer some time for some work.

soriah
06-16-2006, 02:55 AM
How come?! :cry: You've got them already?!

:cry: :cry:

I want them too! I had preordered the super-mega-turbo-pre-order but haven't received anything yet... :shrug:

Ah well... will have to wait a bit longer then ;)

dude one of my pics (my stage) is in the book and I still haven't got a copy :shrug:

all my friends and family are buying a copy and I just have to show people the books and they ask where they can get one or could I get them one.

but i should see it soon i live in the same state as ballistic publishing in fact its about an two hour drive might have to make the trip if i dont see it soon :) bang down their door and demand to see it hehe.... :bounce:

milanschere
06-22-2006, 03:54 AM
oy everyone,
on the ballistic site the first banner that comes up shows this amazing painting of an awesome angel with white hair and blue background. that picture is the 12th print of the limited edition version. inside the book it is a half page sized right next to Benita Winckler's "Aion" - legendary city of the Old World - painting.
i am really interested in this artists work and am thinking about getting the special edition just because of that print. could somebody please tell me the name of that artist?
thank you so much. m

PaulHellard
06-22-2006, 06:24 AM
Hi procon,

The image is Junk Angel, done in Painter and Photoshop by Jason Chan. For the record, it is on page 27 of EXPOSÉ 4. Yep, there's certainly something very sublime about that piece.

His site is www.jasonchanart.com

milanschere
06-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Hi procon,

The image is Junk Angel, done in Painter and Photoshop by Jason Chan. For the record, it is on page 27 of EXPOSÉ 4. Yep, there's certainly something very sublime about that piece.

His site is www.jasonchanart.com

thank you a lot.

CGTalk Moderation
06-22-2006, 08:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.