PDA

View Full Version : Broken Wacom Button?

Hot Souse
06-08-2006, 01:45 AM
I have an Intous 3- 9x12 and one of the buttons on the left side just stopped working in the middle of a drawing. I was using it as an alt button for the color picker tool in painter esseintials 2 and it got stuck in color picker mode. I shut down painter and then restarted but the button just doesn't respond now. I then open the wacom options program (where you assign funtions) and went to diagnostic, when i press the button the diagnostic shows a response. So is there a way I can fix this or at least figure out what the problem is with out sending it to a service center (if they even have one for wacom tablets.)? Or is the button just Physically broken? Any help would be very much appreciated.

rawshark
06-09-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm not sure if you're talking about the button on the pen or the ones on the tablet itself.
If it's on the pen, the button can be easily pulled out and re-seated, to make sure that it's not being blocked by the rubber grip on the pen.

If it's on the tablet, I'd suggest testing its functionality in another application. If it doesn't work in another app then you could try reinstalling the tablet drivers. If that doesn't work, it may be a physical problem with the tablet.

If it DOES work in another application then it would point to a problem in Painter - try reinstalling Painter.

Hope that helps!

davezak
06-09-2006, 01:42 PM
probably a stupid answer but when my tablet gets wacky in photoshop i have no choise but to shut everything down. :|

Hot Souse
06-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Thanks Rawshark and Davezak for the answers. I was talking about the buttons on the tablet its self but the problem seems to have fixed it's self. When first happend that particular button didn't workin any paint applications photo shop or painter I tried them both. But after it happend I didn't paint for a few days and now it seems to be fixed; must have been a temporary glitch. Again thanks for the replys and advice.

Matt
06-10-2006, 11:29 PM
This sounds like a simple question. Did you reboot your computer?

Also, make sure you're practicing good computer hygiene. Never eat at the computer. Some drinks are alright. Always wash your hands. Maintain a clean work area. Every six months get a can of compressed air and take care of everything. Open your PC up and blast it for a while. Do the same with the tablet.

CGTalk Moderation
06-10-2006, 11:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.