PDA

View Full Version : Material-IDs of spawned particles?

theun
06-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi there!
Is there a way to inheret the material-ID of a spawned particle from its parent? I’ve made several strings of particles (spawning by travel and inheret speed). Now I’d like to give each string their own color or material. Is this possible with particle flow? Can I make a test and put every spawned particle that belongs to the same string in their own event?

I hope I explained it well enough, question is a bit technical. Thanks,

Theun

scrimski
06-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Set a 'Material Dynamic' operator or 'Material Static' operator in each string and assign materials or material IDs there.

theun
06-09-2006, 09:32 AM
The problem is that the strings are not in different events. There is one birth operator, which creates some particles and adds a trail by spawning. I can give the first particles each a different material, but how can I assign the same material to the spawned particles of the same string?

scrimski
06-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Could you post a screenshot of your PFlow? Would be easier to understand I guess.

OlegB
06-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Spawn particles inherit material IDs from their parents automatically. You just need to have the same Material operator (with the same material) in the next event.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

theun
06-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Okay, here is a screenshot of my particle flow. The result is a couple of strings intertwining, and I like to give every string their own color. The result with these settings is that every string consists of many different colors, and I'd like to give one string one color.
As you can see, there's no event per strings which makes it difficult to assign a material to an event. Maybe there's another way to create the same strings of particles but sending them to different events?

Thanks,

Theun

OlegB
06-13-2006, 11:53 PM
Theun,

The Material Static operator should be in both Event 01 and Event 02. In the Event 01 the option 'Assign Material ID' should be On, and in the Event 02 the option 'Assign Material ID' should be Off.

BTW, I'm more frequently present at the Orbaz forum ( http://www.orbaz.com/forum ) that is mostly dedicated to Particle Flow and Particle Flow extensions.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

CGTalk Moderation
06-13-2006, 11:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.