PDA

View Full Version : Biped scene

lramos
06-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi guys!

I made a little test using a biped from character studio of 3dsmax 7. I converted the biped to a mesh just for make my own rig.
Actually it's not a WIP, but since it's too simple I decided to post here.

Link! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzXE2nfhvmM)

C&C are very welcome!

Thanks.

Nick Smalley
06-07-2006, 03:27 PM
hey luis,

a couple of things came to my attention.

1. The COG doesn't seem to be moving up and down at all. If it is, then you may want to make a it move a little more. The same with the left to right movement. When we take a step we shift our weight to the foot that is on the ground so nearly all of our weight is on the planted foot.

2. When he bends over at the end to touch the butterfly, he doesn't feel balanced at all. How about just putting one foot forwards more after the last step, he will be balanced, and it will be a lot more interesting than just standing with his feet together.

Also, the after each step when he puts his feet down, it looks as though he is 'kicking' the ground. Try rotating the foot up a few frames before he plants his foot.

Hope i helped,

Hasta

lramos
06-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Hi Nick, thanks for your tips! This is my first character animation, I'm very new on this.

Thanks!

FernandoLujan
06-11-2006, 03:25 AM
The video overall was quite good. Since it was pretty short. There's only one thing to critique.

My only crit is that at the end, when the guy leans over to the butterfly, it looks like an impossible position. He needs to be balanced. I think making his blue leg go in front of him would balance him. Something like the following:

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2006, 03:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.