PDA

View Full Version : Exploring Middle Earth - The One Ring - Lostfilez

lostfilez
01-11-2003, 07:01 PM
Well, I'm gonna finally get off my ass and actually join one of the challenges this time. :D I really like the topic, and I think I'll actually have time during this quarter of school to do some personal projects :thumbsup: Anyway, here's the basic idea....

Character walks onscreen
walks past ring which is sitting on the ground
stops, looks back at ring and quickly picks it up
character dances around joyously at his discovery, quickly stops and looks around suspiciously... might have to limit to just one of these depending on time
dramatically places ring on finger....nothing happens, takes ring off, shakes it, places back on finger, still nothing....
sighs, walks off screen and tosses ring behind him

I'll draw out some actual storyboards tomorrow or monday, and post em when I can get to a scanner later this week.

Good luck to everyone else participating!!
:beer:

Tommy Lee
01-11-2003, 08:34 PM
LOL...Great Idea dude!!!!!!!
IŽll take an eye on that thread!!!!!!

Cheerz:beer:

Tommy Lee

lildragon
01-11-2003, 09:33 PM
very nice! like Tommy said my eye is on this one :)

salud and good luck

lostfilez
01-11-2003, 11:05 PM
Thanks guys :) It's gonna take some work though... I've got a little experience animating, and basically NONE w/ rigging. (The characters were either extremely simple, or had already been rigged.) I love the setup of IK Joe that came w/ Max 5. I'd like to do a rig like that for my character, without just simply copying the IK Joe. So if there are any sources, or sites you could point me to, it'd be greatly appreciated. :D

Lukashi
01-11-2003, 11:48 PM
That is a great idea!!!!!!!!

lostfilez
01-14-2003, 08:53 PM
Okay, did a quick simple set just now, and the lighting too...

http://stu.aii.edu/~mh249/set.jpg

Lemme know what ya think, I'll try and post the character and storyboards tonight :bounce:

BishopLynx
01-15-2003, 12:52 AM
cool. I really like the idea. It is a different approach.

lostfilez
01-29-2003, 08:02 PM
Well, now I dunno how much of this I'm going to be able to get done... :shrug: I'm gonna be starting a pretty BIG project w/ a few other people here at school, so this is gonna have to be put on the shelf for a while. I'd still love to finish this, but it probably won't be for the challenge... oh well, good luck to everyone else! :cool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.