PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing render nodes

MJV
06-07-2006, 10:32 AM
I like to sometimes disconnect render nodes or parts of a tree to test certain things. The problem is that if I disconnect a part of the tree and then come back to it later, the stuff I've disconnected is gone. Is there any way to stop this from happening? It's really frustrating.

gent_k
06-07-2006, 11:02 AM
This is a known limitation. It just has to be connected somewhere, or its lost.
You could plug it in some port that you don't use. e.g. disable translucency in the material node(phong/blinn), and plug your branch to the translucency port.

MJV
06-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Thanks gent_k. You seem to be answering my questions a lot. Appreciate it. I have another one. Can you tell me if there is a way to share render tree chain elements between different materials on different objects? I'm no Maya expert but believe this is done in their hypergraph or connection editor. I read that this feature was added in XSI5 but have sense then never read or seen anything about it, and find nothing about it in the documentation.

Saturn
06-07-2006, 11:47 AM
unfortunetty you can't do that. I mean on a easy way.
By using overide you can do replace all ambient slot for instance of every object under this overide and then share the sub set of rendertree to all object

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2006, 11:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.